• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    I have no love, attention to, or appreciation for Hi Points. Just don't care.

However, one of the people at Hi Point has told me before that as long as they can read the serial number, they'll pretty much warranty the gun, this includes house fires and smoke damage.

That really surprised me, not many, if others at all, will openly say the same
    I'm hearing good things about the SCCY firearms warranty. If I remember correctly I've read somewhere the warranty will even cover replacement in the event of theft of the firearm. I believe proof of purchase and a police report are required. If I had my choice between the two firearms I would go with the SCCY hands down (talking pistols here. SCCY currently doesn't make a carbine). I think it's a better quality firearm for just a few more $$ than a Hi-point IMO.

Disclaimer: I realize I'm only going by recollection so anybody that's interested should research SCCY's policy for themselves.

Slow Hand

Master
    Rating - 99.4%
    153   1   0
    Aug 27, 2008
    West Side
    Several years back I bought a very 'Ghetto-fied' Hi-Point carbine from an unnamed shop for $20. Yes, $20, that's right! It was very rough, had some ugly ass modifications and the sights were gone. I bought it knowing of their good reputation and the fact it was only $20!! I drilled out a spare scope base to fit and slapped a cheap spare red dot on it. I ran a hundred or so rounds of various anmo through it and it functioned just fine. Then I got ahold of Hi-Point and shipped it back to them. In a few weeks, I had a box waiting for me on the front step. Inside was basically a new carbine! It honestly wouldn't surprise me if they pulled the serial number plate and slapped it in a new carbine. They Sent it back just as a new rifle would come; I'm assuming. Sling, scope base, two spare mags, manual, even a single use oil packet! Free of charge of course! The rifle shot just fine, but ended up popping me in the cheek every round so it eventually went away. I would have no trouble recommending one as a budget home or business defend carbine. Ugly as a mud fence, but the dang thing worked and worked well!!

KoopaKGB

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 99%
    101   1   0
    Dec 21, 2008
    South Bend
    Good story op!

I managed to break a firing pin on an older 9mm carbine, called hi point, gave them my serial number and they sent me a replacement free of charge. So A+. Although I don't know how the firing pin could have broke with a round count under 1000. I ended up trading it off because it was such a pain in the butt to take apart. Also the 10 round magazine was always kinda a bummer to me.

Top Bottom