• ...and so much more!
  • goinggreyfast

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 21, 2010
    Morgan County
    I have a 995, an original POTA that I purchased the TS stock from Mother for $40.00 and converted. I love the thing - and so does everyone who shoots it. I have a red dot, light, and laser for mine so it is set up for home protection. At 15 yards I can shoot the 10 ring all day long. At 50 yards I can get 2" groups - w/o magnification and very bad eye sight. It does reach out to 100 yards, and you'll nail a 6" plate more than not, but the energy drops at that distance - if you're thinking about hunting. Other big plus 1.- you can shoot this thing indoors 2.-HP has a fantastic warranty even covering most things for 2nd and 3rd generation owners.
    If you buy one, buy lots of ammo - it is that much fun. And your friends will want to play.
    I just cleaned my after 2,000 rounds and it wasn't having any problems. It eats every ammon I given it (even Wof). The only reason I cleaned it - I was feeling guilty. ENJOY.

This! I love mine! Have not had a single issue with the 15 round mag.

picture.php

spencer rifle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    70   0   0
    Apr 15, 2011
    Scrounging brass
    The mag issue I had was bent feed lips. The thing jammed almost every round until I bent the lips in a little. Fortunately I had a factory mag to guide me. Now no problems. Has an ATI stock and a red dot. Accurate enough for me, and at that price I can shoot a lot more.

Still looking for that Sub 2000 in S&W or Beretta 9mm - they are the devil to find now. Lots of .40, and all the 9s are Glock.

And maybe a UC9 or Norinco 320.

japartridge

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 20, 2011
    Bloomington
    I'll be picking up my 995TS no later than July 1st! :rockwoot:

If they are going to be releasing a 75 round drum, then I am going to be in heaven!!!

Scott - Where did you hear that they are coming out with a 75 rounder?

scott delaney

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 25, 2009
    I'll be picking up my 995TS no later than July 1st! :rockwoot:

If they are going to be releasing a 75 round drum, then I am going to be in heaven!!!

Scott - Where did you hear that they are coming out with a 75 rounder?
    my father in law knows some one from cheaper then dirt......he told me

ag563

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 25, 2011
    Delphi, Indiana
    I just tried out my new 995TS today, worked great, no jams or problems at all.
    I also just order the front grip & mag holder from hi-point, with FREE shipping.
    Thanks for the info Scott, stop by & shoot a few rounds some time.

DaveL

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 5, 2011
    Lafayette
    Here is the forum for Hi-Point firearms. It is a great resource. There is a ton of info on how to modify the factory mag (follow the instructions to narrow it a bit, not the ones to widen it - those are older) as well as a lot of info on not using the promag 15 rnd (or any other larger capacity mag). there is also info on the theory that a weaker spring in the mag is a good thing. Look around, I think it addresses almost every question there is about their guns.

Hipoint Firearms Forums - Index

DaveL

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 5, 2011
    Lafayette
    You're welcome. I've spent a ton of time on the Hi-Point forums. There are a couple of "conflicts" (like the older widening of the mag lips that is posted as a sticky vs the newer and seeminlgly more accepted narrowing of the mag lips). If you have any questions about where there are discussions of various aspects of the 995, let me know and I'll send you the specific areas to read.

mmartinsbin

Plinker
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Oct 26, 2010
    Granger, IN
    Good shooting, eats everything. Don't even bother cleaning it, just send it back to Hi Point once a year. They will clean it and send it back with a fresh magazine.

DaveL

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 5, 2011
    Lafayette
    Alan - I can't reply to your PM since I don't have enough posts yet - so here is my answer LOL ... BTW, I live VERY close to you. We need to take our 995s out so they can get to know each other!!!!

It comes with a tool, a strap and ummm ... that's it I think LOL ... and if you get the front handle, that comes with another tool and a place to carry it inside the handle.

Disassembly ---

Here is a printed procedure - Wolf's 995 Disassembly Guide

and one with crappy pictures - Hi-Point Carbine, Model 995B, 9mm Disassembly, Cleaning & Assembly

Here is a youtube - [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GKh2356fIvA[/ame]

JFrost

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 1, 2011
    Plainfield
    I have the .45 version. Works great and is tons of fun to shoot. Here is a YouTube video that shows how to modify the 15 round 1911 magazines to work in a Hi-Point. [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OE-mmc03g60[/ame]

MtnBiker6510

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 19, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    Just picked one up and I love it. I've also heard horror stories about the aftermarket mags so I've stuck with factory 10rd. Anyone else have any input on promag?
    picture.php

Top Bottom