• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Cerberus

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 27, 2011
    Floyd County
    Dang, I can't find my INGO patch. So I will just wait at the far end of the big vendor shed close to the gravel road around 2pm. I'll be wearing a Kentucky shirt and a multicam ball cap with US flag on it. I also wear glasses. I'll more than likely have a woodland camo USGI assault pack with me. If you recognise me say howdy.

Trooper

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    One thing to understand. Even before the doors open on Friday, there is at least $20 million in guns being bought and sold (mostly class III). The big boys do all their buying and selling before the tourists come in.

Used to be able to get pallet loads of reloading components at great prices. Now it is hard to find large quantities let alone a reasonable price.

Cerberus

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 27, 2011
    Floyd County
    One thing to understand. Even before the doors open on Friday, there is at least $20 million in guns being bought and sold (mostly class III). The big boys do all their buying and selling before the tourists come in.

Used to be able to get pallet loads of reloading components at great prices. Now it is hard to find large quantities let alone a reasonable price.

Same way with most gunshows too.

ctbreitwieser

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 14, 2011
    DuCo.
    I got there around 3 yesterday. By 5 o'clock there was almost no ammo whatsoever. Only thing left anywhere as far as .223 was PMC and federal for $330/1000.

Cerberus

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 27, 2011
    Floyd County
    Saw plenty of it today. Talked to Roger Cope today and right after he sold out of his 7.62x39 yesterday, all the other vendors started to raise their prices.

Electronrider

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    White County
    Was there all day yesterday, good prices to be found on a lot of ammo/reloading stuff. Walked away with 5k of 55gr pulled bullets for 220 bucks, jugs of wc844 for 80 bucks.

It was my first time there and I cannot recommend attending at least once enough. It is a pretty unique experience. Lots of class 3 stuff for sale, and parts for every mil-surp gun on the planet. Had an aesome time!

Got to see the minigun up close when it was firing, absolutely incredible.

Fordtough25

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.1%
    111   1   0
    Apr 14, 2010
    Jefferson County
    There was ammo everywhere yesterday, we were there from around 2pm to 8:30pm. I picked up everything I went for and some I didn't! :): All I kept thinking was I wish I had more money to spend, lots! I never have a bad time at KCR, this time was no exception. Now, off to put an ar together. :D

Last edited:

Shoots4Fun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    74   0   0
    Dec 21, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN
    I was there all day yesterday. Went to the open end of the Swap meet area (actually checked both ends) but didn't see any INGO gear.

Watched the Subgun competion for part of the day. It was awesome, had never watched it before. Really made me want one. Someday...;)

Airwolf

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 22, 2009
    Terre Haute, IN
    I was able to pick up 200rds of 7.62x51 for $100 from DSA. I was pretty happy with that. Should have bought another 100rds, but didn't know what else I was going to come across. Turns out I should have just bought another 100rds.

Cerberus

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 27, 2011
    Floyd County
    You want to get rifle ammo at about $.15 per round or less. Pistol ammo should be about $.07 or less. That is the goal as it used to be the prices we paid.

A friend went down Saturday with an anti Obama t-shirt he got at the 1500. It was wildly popular.

What decade are you trapped in? Average market value for imported .223 and 7.62x39 is, and has been for a few years averaging $.18-.20 a round. Domestic much higher. If you find private sale prices for less, then congratulations.

Trooper

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    What decade are you trapped in? Average market value for imported .223 and 7.62x39 is, and has been for a few years averaging $.18-.20 a round. Domestic much higher. If you find private sale prices for less, then congratulations.

We were able to get those prices right up thru 2006. Then the wars and worldwide demand (plus everyone stockpiling here) drove everything thru the roof. Ammo prices are artifically high, a bubble.

My thoughts are that if Obama is defeated, plus the winding down of the wars, demand will drop.

I Love Bourbon

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 5, 2008
    Speedway ish
    We were able to get those prices right up thru 2006. Then the wars and worldwide demand (plus everyone stockpiling here) drove everything thru the roof. Ammo prices are artifically high, a bubble.

My thoughts are that if Obama is defeated, plus the winding down of the wars, demand will drop.

Total hogwash... prices were high before obama got in office and the bubble theory is absurd. When was the last time you bought a quantity of ammo and .22 rimfire doesn't count?

.15 a round for centerfire rifle? It's hard to find good brass at those prices much less projos.

Top Bottom