• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • EvilleDoug

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2010
    Evansville
    I started reading this post and I have to admit, I am addicted to getting more stuff. This past weekend I bought one of those propane camp stoves, it is so small and(as the wife says) cute...yuk, some really small bottles of deet bug spray, some citronella candles and a couple more 9 hour candles, OH how I love it.

Anyway, I don't think there are any happier times for me while I'm out shopping and seeing camping/survival gear and knowing that I would be "So much better prepared" if I had that.

More....must have more!

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    I first inventoried all the food I had because I wanted to make a list of all the food sorted by their respective experation date. I did this so I could see well in advance what food I needed to start eating and cycle through.

In a way I'm lucky because I haven't been prepping long enough to need to start using up old stored preps. I do know that when January of 2011 coems around you'll see me laying around with a huge gut surrounded by empty cans of spaghetti O's & meatballs. Mmmmm, gonna be a happy little piggy.

Tactical Dave

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 21, 2010
    Plainfield
    Very smart!! i too, label everything and know where it all is. even my empty gun boxes are numbered and can be matched in a couple minutes to the cooresponding gun. also taking inventory and rotating is almost as important as even having the gear and food. glad to always see more people good to go!! dont forget to rotate your batteries and medication too.

Wise word's on the medication.... I dug into some of my old gear and found some tylonall that was over 10 years old.......

I don't get rid of gear now, I keep it all, I gave some away years ago and regret it now because stuff is getting expensive.

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    Along with food, I have my medicine inventoried and sorted by experation date. To my way of thinking everyone who prepares should have a list of everything and sort it by experation date, then another list that has everything on it. Even the stuff that doesn't expire should be on a list. Then that list should be printed off and with the stuff. I'm not counting on my computer working for the rest of time so I print stuff off.

grunt soldier

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    May 20, 2009
    hamilton county
    lol i write the expiration date on every product with permanent marker on the top and rotate accordingly. everything from vitamins to food. if it has a expiration date its written where a blind man could see it and ready to be rotated. i think that is a must.

tactical i don't give anything away anymore either. i got issued my QRF items so many times i was giving away boots, shirts, and safety goggles so much i thought it was my job but now that i am out i am like damn i should have saved those lol

man i really love prepping its almost like a sport/hobby to me as to how much stuff can i have saved and hidden in different places, how many people can i convince to the need to have at least a weeks worth of supplies. ect. i think i am addicted :)

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    another thing too guys is start making CACHE locations around your area and beyond. there are very simple methods, and just having a bottle of water and a can of food at a site along one of your pre-planned escape routes could save yours or a family members life. I wont go into details on my personal cache strategies nor should any of you for security purposes. but research it and take the best ideas from the methods you research. best of luck!! dont skimp when it comes to cacheing, it is well worth it!!!! if i had to run out of my house naked, (calm down ladies) I could be fully prepped VERY QUICKLY, and im not even talking on property caches.

originalhonkey

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 26, 2009
    greenwood
    i always think i have a good supply and then i get on here and read some of the post and go man i need to do that.

this is another one of those threads. alot of good points have been brought up. although for me ive done most of these things i still have to finsh a few and some of these post reminded me i need to get back to them.

i always tell my family and friends when they ask me about prep. it not a thing you can just do all at once its a life style and it never ends.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom