• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • oldpink

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Farmland
    Aside from the obvious violation of the basic gun handling safety rules, gonna have to ruffle a few feathers by saying that anyone who actually selects a gun in some cutesy color like that automatically qualifies as lacking in basic judgment.
    There's something about buying a gun that resembles a water pistol instead of an actual firearm that just seems to naturally involve those lacking in judgment in more important areas.

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    84   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    After several emails back and forth explaining the need for safety, training, and the reasons why you should not let a complete stranger via Craigslist encounters gone bad into your home the owner of the ad is going to sign up for training and take a safety course. They also thanked me for being brutally harsh with them and that it has opened their eyes to their complacency and will learn from their mistake.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    After several emails back and forth explaining the need for safety, training, and the reasons why you should not let a complete stranger via Craigslist encounters gone bad into your home the owner of the ad is going to sign up for training and take a safety course. They also thanked me for being brutally harsh with them and that it has opened their eyes to their complacency and will learn from their mistake.
    Good to hear she was open to learning.

Bapak2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 17, 2009
    Fort Wayne

WOW! You took a chance on that one, putting yourself out there for a potential big-time shut down! Glad it worked so that the owners have a better sense of reality. Nice job!

Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    A) It's listed as a Single Action
    B) She (?) wants a smaller "automatic" in trade.
    C) That model has a "safety switch" already.

Maybe this is the type of safety that is necessary for this person.

taurus_zpsycnqqzto.jpg

No penis, always unsafe.

Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    But but but.............the Shooting Industry magazines say that women should have semi automatics, that recommending a revolver for a novice is sexist.

Reminds me of an attractive lady, dropping all the buzzwords, shopping for a scope, for her husband...........rattled off technical stuff over and over.
    Salesman shows her a Nikon in the power range she requested. She slams it all the way up to her eye and says "oh yeah, I really like this one".

I gotta give her credit, at least it was not the objective up against her eye (seen that a few times, dudes do it too).

Then another lady......to use the range. Salesman asked nicely if she needed anything or any help. Lady kinda huffed and said "i know what I'm doing".

So she goes onto the range...............and there's no sound for 10 mins.

She comes out and says she has a problem with her gun.

Walther P22. She had the ammo backwards in the magazine.

So................gun salesman................shut up and sell them whatever the hell they want. Man woman or anybody who can't decide..............just lsell them what they want.
    Don't try to help.

They don't need or want it. And if you do, you'll still be wrong.

russc2542

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Oct 24, 2015
    Columbus
    ...Don't try to help.

They don't need or want it. And if you do, you'll still be wrong.

Having experience in both automotive parts sales (and repair advice) and working in a shop doing the repairs, yep pretty much. It took me a while to learn to hold my tongue because I'm a horrible teacher/helper/meddler. Until someone asks for something else, keep commentary to short, direct, literal responses to their questions. It's always a relief when someone responds like the seller did and thanks you for helping them.

Kudos to 1775usmarine for stepping up and putting the seller on the right path.

LoriW

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 13, 2012
    Fishers
    Not to mention meeting at their home for an armslist deal. Real thinker there.

All my Armslist deals come to my house. Kinda have to though. What with the background check and all. BUT for her..I wouldn't want someone coming over to my house like that.

I can here the salesman now" never owned a firearm? Here's the one for you, it's pink and comes with an instruction manual. Have a nice day."

When I took over the gun counter at GM, the #1 gun sold to women was the LCP. I put a stop to that. They probably went back to that after I left

Thank you, good job! If you happen to talk to her (or other ladies looking for help), tell them about The Well Armed Woman

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Most guys have the four rules tattooed on their penis as a reminder...Those who disobey one or more of the four rules did not have enough length (or girth) to put all of them on...

You didn't know about this???:)

I have that tattoo....and the Declaration of Independence. I'm considering the Bill of Rights for my next one and who knows after that. Eventually, I get that dork fully inked.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    Most guys have the four rules tattooed on their penis as a reminder...Those who disobey one or more of the four rules did not have enough length (or girth) to put all of them on...

You didn't know about this???:)

No, I had not heard that one. I'm afraid to ask where I should have the four rules tattooed.

Reverend Dreed

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2016
    new hope
    Believe it or not, I have had a couple of INGO deals where they asked me to meet them at their home...

Edit-These were people I did not know, not people I have met at INGO events.

I would invite any of you guys to my home, I aint skeerd. Just do not be offended when I answer the door in my underwear packing a 357 magnum. LOL

oops forgot to go purple sorry

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Michael.
    Top Bottom