• ...and so much more!
  • Wabatuckian

Smith-Sights.com
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 9, 2008
    Wabash
    My time will probably be limited for the next couple days.

I've dealt plenty with death, seen things I wish I hadn't, you know, the usual.

One of my sister's friends, who is like my own sister, was paralyzed when she was a teenager, and cannot have kids of her own. She and her husband decided to adopt two beautiful children, who had the bad fortune to have been born to a drug addicted mother.

The younger one had several health problems, and though they thought it was under control, I guess she just passed away in her sleep at age 2 or so, cause is as of yet undetermined, waiting on autopsy results.

I went to the viewing today, 'bout 100 mile round trip after work. Going to try to make the funeral tomorrow, or at least part of it.

Then I'm going to take some time to deal with a kid in a casket. That hit me in a spot I didn't know I had, and wasn't prepared to deal with.

I'll probably lurk, but I probably won't feel like posting.

Be back in a few days though.

Josh <><

paddling_man

Master
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Jul 17, 2008
    Fishers
    Wow... very, very sorry to hear about your loss. The loss of children is so outside our normal realm of thinking, it is even more difficult to deal with than the loss of a mature loved one.

My thoughts and prayers to you and your family.

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    My God dude, I'm so sorry.

Just hearing the words "kid in a casket" makes me sick to my stomach to the point of almost vomiting.

I know it's not the time or place to start ranting, but I sure wish that sack of sh*t drug addict of a biological mother could be held accountable.:xmad:

Condolences Josh.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2008
    10°17'42.48"N 85°5
    It sucks seeing stuff like that. Especially small children. Years ago I set head stones on the side. My last one was a headstone for a child that died of SIDS. The child was buried in a family plot next to their house. I dug and set the stone as the young mother watched. Bad deal. Take care.

Top Bottom