• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    Because I don't rely on Wikipedia, does not mean I chose to remain ignorant or that I am ignorant, its that it is not always reliable source. It's not allowed in schools for a source of info.

Agreed that Wikipedia should be taken with a grain of salt, however, if the articles there cite sources, those sources are "allowed by schools". Think of Wiki entries(at least the ones with sources) as you would Google. It's just consolidated info.

The Herman Cain entry backs up the majority of its statements with sources..

custom2006

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2011
    La Porte
    Yea, good guy Herman Cain is?

He supports The Federal Reserve....

It's no wonder as he was the former deputy chairman (1992–94) and chairman (1995–96) of the Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City.

Herman Cain defends the Federal Reserve | United Liberty | Free Market - Individual Liberty - Limited Government

Herman Cain - Presidential Exploratory Committee

Now THIS is a presidential candidate. Someone with experience, smarts, and is charismatic.

He gets a big plus one from me!!

JoshuaW

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 18, 2010
    South Bend, IN
    Because I don't rely on Wikipedia, does not mean I chose to remain ignorant or that I am ignorant, its that it is not always reliable source. It's not allowed in schools for a source of info.

And so that makes it unacceptable for use? Then you are ignorant, since you dont make decisions for yourself.

Rob377

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Dec 30, 2008
    DT

But schools do allow you to cite the New York Times. Go figure. :):

ATOMonkey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Plainfield

Yes, but the foot noted sources listed at the bottom of the page are.

How to write a paper.

1) Look up summary of events in Wiki

2) Look up resources foot noted in wiki

3) Look up original text if desired...or just copy the wiki page and use wiki's foot notes.

Ta-da!!! Not that I advocate plagarism...

In all seriousness, the orignial sources are listed and most often time hyper linked.

ATOMonkey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Plainfield
    Yea, good guy Herman Cain is?

He supports The Federal Reserve....

It's no wonder as he was the former deputy chairman (1992–94) and chairman (1995–96) of the Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City.

Herman Cain defends the Federal Reserve | United Liberty | Free Market - Individual Liberty - Limited Government

I didn't say he was perfect, just the best candidate available. If the FED is your biggest voting issue, then you should probably back another candidate.

Would I like Cain to change his stance on the FED? Absolutely.

The only person you'll agree with 100% of the time is yourself.

Was TARP a bad idea? Maybe... We were looking at a systemic financial collapse brought about by a failed FIAT currency. I would have been ok with a collapse of the dollar. I'm prepared for such an event. The vast vast majority of people aren't though. Without a working currency, things would have quickly devolved to basic survivalist behavior. I'm not looking forward to that.

Like I said, I can see both sides of the TARP and QE thing. They're propping up a failed system that reached the boiling point. The long term strategy is to limp along long enough to transition to something stable. Will that happen? Propbably not. There is always hope though.

Last edited:

Garb

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 4, 2009
    Richmond
    I didn't say he was perfect, just the best candidate available. If the FED is your biggest voting issue, then you should probably back another candidate.

Would I like Cain to change his stance on the FED? Absolutely.

Was TARP a bad idea? Maybe... We were looking at a systemic financial collapse brought about by a failed FIAT currency. I would have been ok with a collapse of the dollar. I'm prepared for such an event. The vast vast majority of people aren't though. Without a working currency, things would have quickly devolved to basic survivalist behavior. I'm not looking forward to that.

Like I said, I can see both sides of the TARP and QE thing. They're propping up a failed system that reached the boiling point. The long term strategy is to limp along long enough to transition to something stable. Will that happen? Propbably not. There is always hope though.

This may seem like a loaded question, but I assure you, I really want to know what you think on this issue. Do you think the dollar has any hope of recovery? In my opinion, it's awful damn close, and either way comes with a lot of pain, it's just a matter of how long you want to put it off. In other words, I don't think putting off the inevitable is a good idea at this point. We've been doing it for way too long already.

Rob377

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Dec 30, 2008
    DT

I don't even get that! :):

'specially when I decide to eat really spicy food. Which I like, but I don't. The disagreements there are nothing short of epic. That alone brings me around the 85% ballpark. :laugh:

ATOMonkey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Plainfield
    This may seem like a loaded question, but I assure you, I really want to know what you think on this issue. Do you think the dollar has any hope of recovery? In my opinion, it's awful damn close, and either way comes with a lot of pain, it's just a matter of how long you want to put it off. In other words, I don't think putting off the inevitable is a good idea at this point. We've been doing it for way too long already.

I'm 90% sure we'll transition to an Amero type currency. It's the only way to keep the funny money game going.

If not, we'll see hyperinflation within our lifetime. Sooner rather than later.

I'm guessing that we can keep the ship floating for another 5 years or so before it sinks, based on the economic indicators I've seen.

To continue the metaphore. We began poking holes in the boat about 100 years ago, and it's been sinking slowly since then. The only thing we can do now is put off how quickly the boat sinks. There really is no fixing it.

I mean, to do that you'd have to destroy a VAST amount of currency, and that just isn't going to happen. Then you'd also have to revert back to 1860s level of Federal Government. No one is going to accept that "after they've paid into the system for XX years!!"

The best thing we can hope for is a safe jump to another leaky boat.

Anything else is going to end poorly. Lots of dead people.

Garb

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 4, 2009
    Richmond
    I'm 90% sure we'll transition to an Amero type currency. It's the only way to keep the funny money game going.

If not, we'll see hyperinflation within our lifetime. Sooner rather than later.

I'm guessing that we can keep the ship floating for another 5 years or so before it sinks, based on the economic indicators I've seen.

To continue the metaphore. We began poking holes in the boat about 100 years ago, and it's been sinking slowly since then. The only thing we can do now is put off how quickly the boat sinks. There really is no fixing it.

I mean, to do that you'd have to destroy a VAST amount of currency, and that just isn't going to happen. Then you'd also have to revert back to 1860s level of Federal Government. No one is going to accept that "after they've paid into the system for XX years!!"

The best thing we can hope for is a safe jump to another leaky boat.

Anything else is going to end poorly. Lots of dead people.

Ok I get what you are saying. I don't see many people taking kindly to the whole Amero idea. I agree with everything you said, but let me ask you a very hard question. Is our sovereignty worth all of those dead people to you? Not a question that I'll press you to answer, because it's one that I struggle with too.

ATOMonkey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Plainfield
    I don't know...

What we have right now really isn't worth dieing for, IMO, and there's no guarantee that things will be any better if there is a financial meltdown. If people continue with the same old way of doing things, it'll just happen again.

Liberty would be worth dieing for. So far, no one is standing up saying, "Follow me if you want to be free."

A Reformation for Liberty can occur at any time, as long as there are a sufficient number of Patriots. Notice I said Refomration and not Revolution. A revolution will just end up with lots of dead people, and you have a 50/50 chance of things being any better. The reformation of hearts and minds must occur before we contemplate anything drastic.

Until such time as we can conjur up the courage to stand up for Liberty, I'd just as soon not see harm come to me or my family.

Garb

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 4, 2009
    Richmond
    I don't know...

What we have right now really isn't worth dieing for, IMO, and there's no guarantee that things will be any better if there is a financial meltdown. If people continue with the same old way of doing things, it'll just happen again.

Liberty would be worth dieing for. So far, no one is standing up saying, "Follow me if you want to be free."

A Reformation for Liberty can occur at any time, as long as there are a sufficient number of Patriots. Notice I said Refomration and not Revolution. A revolution will just end up with lots of dead people, and you have a 50/50 chance of things being any better. The reformation of hearts and minds must occur before we contemplate anything drastic.

Until such time as we can conjur up the courage to stand up for Liberty, I'd just as soon not see harm come to me or my family.

Very well said! Thanks for the input. Rep coming your way.

Archaic_Entity

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 9, 2008
    IF he can't run a pizza company , what makes him qualified to run a country

Like I said "former "

Former because he decided to leave it. How about reading the wiki instead of just trolling by posing questions that are easily answered by the very articles you're boycotting with no discernible reason?

Here. I'll make it easy.

After completing his master's degree, Cain left the Navy department and began working for Coca-Cola as a business analyst. In 1977, he joined Pillsbury where he rose to the position of vice president by the early 1980s. He left his executive post to work for Burger King, a Pillsbury subsidiary, managing 400 stores in the Philadelphia area. Under Cain's leadership, his region went from the least profitable for Burger King to the most profitable in three years. This prompted Pillsbury to appoint him as president and CEO of Godfather's Pizza, another subsidiary. Within 14 months, Cain had returned Godfather's to profitability. In 1988, Cain and a group of investors bought Godfather's from Pillsbury. Cain continued as CEO until 1996, when he resigned to become CEO of the National Restaurant Association where he had previously been chairman concurrently with his role at Godfather's.

Besides, if you read the wiki you'd get to see this little nugget:

In 2008, Cain saved the life of an elderly woman. The woman being attacked by a hoard of meat wasp collapsed to the ground, where Cain rushed to her aid; removing his jacket, he jumped on the woman, smothering most of the meat wasp. He then stood up sticking his middle finger in the air, and yelling, "America!!" Cain dared the meat wasp to attack, and attack they did. He single handily fought them off, most exploding into a plasma ball similar to the consistency of of in vitro meat. The ones that escaped eventually retreated. Cain a celebrated business man, and political activist is also a known super hero operating in the Atlanta area.

Redneckbuckeye

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 19, 2009
    Sheridan
    And so that makes it unacceptable for use? Then you are ignorant, since you dont make decisions for yourself.

What is your major malfunction? Because I don't use Wikipedia I am ignorant? I don't make decisions for myself? Right..... I am well informed and do read a lot, just not on Wikipedia. Give me a break. You assumption is making your ignorance impossible to ignore.

Top Bottom