• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Farmerjon

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2010
    NorthWest Indiana
    I bought a RR new about 8-9 years ago. Shot the heck (over 5,000 rounds) and it started shaving lead. Company took it back, retimed it, didn't help. Their official comment was something about no one being beside me when shooting. Hard to do the dueling tree with a guy behind me shooting!!! Then my buddy's started shaving also. He sent his in, they retimed it and did something else, it still shaved when it returned. All in all, they were tons of fun until they started spewing lead sideways. My wife loved the heft and feel of the grip. Gunstore sent them back and gave me my investment back towards a Ruger single six. It is still going strong. I hope Heritage has improved since then. If so, would love to buy the wife another one someday but not at family's risk.

Bigdee06

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 1, 2010
    Warrick Co.
    Me and a friend both bought one each a few years ago. I cant remember the exact barrel lengths but mine was a couple inches longer than his. We both got good deals (around $150) and initially were happy with them. They shoot vey well and had the interchangeable cylinders for 22 mag. He was shooting mine one day and the hammer spring broke. He gave me his until he could fix mine(cool move!!). I was shooting his a week or so later and would you believe it..... another broken spring. Needless to say you get what you pay for. He fixed mine, I fixed his and they both were sent down the line. That old saying "Pay now or pay later" really is true. Get a Single Six and be done with it.

blue2golf

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Evansville
    Heritage makes an adjustable sight version . I agree the Ruger to be the better gun. The cheapest I've seen a new Single Six lately tho' is over $400. The HRR can be had in the $170 range. If I could ever find an excellent condition used gun selling for half it's new going price of course ........ well it just never happens to me. You'll be waiting a long time trying to find a used Ruger in decent condition under $300 . At least you would where I shop. The Heritage are ok for many users. Shoot a few bricks a year? Get the Heritage. Shoot a few bricks a month? Get the Ruger.

What's up with Single Six price inflation? I keep hearing alot about the expense of buying one these days.

Top Bottom