Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 27, 2013
    Indiana
    [h=1]Dangerous Ice Storm Could Be on the Way for Midwest, Northeast[/h]
    collapse story

By M. Alex JohnsonHere we go again.
    Another in a seemingly endless string of brutal winter storms is gathering to unload its fury this weekend, starting as heavy snow Saturday in the Plains before moving east with the potential for treacherous ice accumulations Sunday and Monday from Ohio to Washington, D.C., and as far south as Tennessee, experts predict.
    advertisement

"This has been an unusual winter, with a lot of storms one right after the other," said Bob Becker, a maintenance engineer for the Missouri Transportation Department.
    "All of the snowplows are on, the spreaders are in the trucks — all the equipment is ready to go for this weekend," Becker told NBC station KYTV of Springfield.
    140227-weekend-weather-map-twc_c7cf207f43970e5e84e38b1c4f13cad8.nbcnews-ux-640-320.jpg
    The Weather Channel
    Ice could accumulate as far north as New York by Monday, with heavy snow across the entire Northeast.The remnants of the heavy rain system flooding parts of California were expected to drop 5 to 10 inches of snow beginning late Thursday night over an area stretching from Montana and Idaho south to Colorado and Utah, the National Weather Service said. Blizzard warnings were in effect Thursday night for parts of western Montana.
    But it's a second system moving in right afterward that will cause the real havoc as it begins trekking east Saturday.
    The storm will bring significant ice accumulation to much of the Ohio Valley by Sunday, The Weather Channel predicted.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    So the ice is going south of us now? The earlier version had southern IN right in the cross hairs of the ice storm. *crossing fingers*

Ruger-9mm

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 4, 2014
    Out and about
    Beat the rush for the few things I needed at the store today on lunch from work (milk, chocolate milk for the kid, popcorn :popcorn:), and I have half a hog in the freezer and enough ground beef to make tacos for everyone on my block. Filled up the tank on the Explorer for the wife to take to work because as an RN, she has to get to work no matter what. I'm ready for it, I just hope that the power doesn't go out. Although, if it does and I can't work, I still get paid...:rockwoot:

Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Oct 3, 2008
    On a hill in Perry C
    Looks like it could get real ugly here. Last I saw is we could get up to half an inch of ice, with a few inches of sleet and snow. Fun, fun, fun. I was outside earlier checking things, just in case, and we've got daffodils starting to come up.

danielson

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    Napoleon
    My work truck has old tires, no chains, lots of straps and weight, and a few clevises, I also say bring it, because I cannot take off of work either.

Though something tells me I might need to call you to pull me out at some point. Because my company, in their infinite wisdom, didn't pay the extra 8$ for diff locks.

Tydeeh22

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Mar 7, 2012
    Indiana
    My work truck has old tires, no chains, lots of straps and weight, and a few clevises, I also say bring it, because I cannot take off of work either.

Though something tells me I might need to call you to pull me out at some point. Because my company, in their infinite wisdom, didn't pay the extra 8$ for diff locks.

Oh sweet jesus. Long drive? Haha. Diff locks are great. Even if its only the center diff.

Top Bottom