• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sparky32

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Feb 5, 2013
    Morgantown
    Here Are the Specific Executive Actions Obama Will Take to ?Reduce Gun Violence? | TheBlaze.com

Here we go. The list is out.

Some of the highlights.

- More government workers to process background checks
    - More ATF agents
    - Money to federal agencies to promote smart gun technology
    - Online monitoring to identity private sellers "engaged in the business of selling firearms." (Makes a point to mention that as few as two sales could put someone into this category.)
    - Require retailers to report lost or stolen guns
    - Establish a single federal location for ballistics testing and comparions of fired bullets recovered in crimes
    - Lean on states to report more info into background check database

More government workers to screw around and take my tax dollars. As a contractor I've seen this in action

Smartgun technology....... ohh please spare me obummer don't make me laugh

monitoring private online sales??? How do they plan to enforce this?

dieselrealtor

Master
    Rating - 100%
    186   0   0
    Nov 5, 2010
    Morgan County
    You know, if he/she is ignored & not responded to he/she will get bored.
    I am not convinced he/she is who they are pretending to be & not sure what the true motivations are.

People spend time with those they have most in common, unless they just enjoy controversy & stir up the pot accordingly or trying to convert others to their belief system.

Bennettjh

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Columbus
    I'll have to be honest, I figured it would be worse than that. Just a bunch of unconstitutional crap that is going to waste tax dollars. It's just stupid.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Curious to hear what the criteria are for declaring someone in the business of selling firearms after as few as two transactions.
    I guess it could be things like if you are intending to flip those one or two transactions for a profit.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Except him pushing for 41P.

Not tracking.

41P is not on this "parade of horribles". ATF was pushing a protovariant of 41P after the Great Trust Explosion 10 years ago.

This is pathetic and Obama accomplished nothing other than to drive gun sales even higher.

JollyMon

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 27, 2012
    Westfield, IN
    Not tracking.

41P is not on this "parade of horribles". ATF was pushing a protovariant of 41P after the Great Trust Explosion 10 years ago.

This is pathetic and Obama accomplished nothing other than to drive gun sales even higher.

except they are expected to make a ruling in the coming week, to correspond with obamas announcement of his EO.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Not tracking.

Ah got'cha. Lets just let the anti crowd think he really did something here when he actually hasn't and maybe they'll leave us alone.

Whereas I see great potential for abuse with an expanded role for the ATF.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    If two sales are the line separating sellers who need licenses from the rest of us, doesn't that pretty well eliminate the concept of private sales? Granted, it would be extremely difficult to prove aside from encountering guns manufactured after the cutoff date in hands other than the original buyer, but still, this sounds like a hell of a lot more threat than what some of you are laughing off.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    If two sales are the line separating sellers who need licenses from the rest of us, doesn't that pretty well eliminate the concept of private sales? Granted, it would be extremely difficult to prove aside from encountering guns manufactured after the cutoff date in hands other than the original buyer, but still, this sounds like a hell of a lot more threat than what some of you are laughing off.

Not following. There is no such proposal cited.

Top Bottom