• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bman1903

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    Techres has given some of the best advice I've read on these boards, a calm and legal approach that won't get you into any extra drama, is shooting someone going to make your life safer? Not if a jury sends you to prison because they didn't feel you were justified.:n00b:

Tydeeh22

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Mar 7, 2012
    Indiana
    'dem young b***hes be crazy !..:laugh:

.:popcorn:
    you have no idea. i seriously doubt there are many "un-tormented" women out there. its not my drama to be involved in.. no need to be all hero for some chick i just met either. 3 sides to a story, her side / his side / truth. get all 3 and more often than not, they vary quite a bit.

radar44

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2012
    noblesville
    you have no idea. i seriously doubt there are many "un-tormented" women out there. its not my drama to be involved in.. no need to be all hero for some chick i just met either. 3 sides to a story, her side / his side / truth. get all 3 and more often than not, they vary quite a bit.

+1

Amen there..

looney2ns

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2011
    Evansville, In
    again i agree , But here is the thing , i remember as a young child maybe 6 or 7 a friend of my moms showed up at our house , she was married to my dad and had been since i was born , he kicked it ol school and whooped his ass big time , tore that dude up ....But now we are in a different time and place i was born in 83 so on that note if ol boy pulled that in my home id do the same thing , no need to shoot him especially in that situation , but if it was different as to the affect your life or hers was being threatend thats another story . What ever happened to a good ol ass whoopin ?

I know of guy that did just that recently. He's now spending 10-15 locked up.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    My girlfriend's ex came into her house uninvited in the early morning a couple days ago to get the rest of his stuff he left there. I was there along with a couple of our friends and he started going crazy throwing stuff, breaking things, etc. I was told to just stay in the bedroom while she took care of it. Not even thinking about the possible consequences for staying put, I did. After 3 times of him refusing to leave I decided to go and see what was going on. When I walked out of the bedroom, he had his hand up acting as if he was going to hit her while threatening her with physical harm. I had my pistol in hand and he focused on it, rethinking his action. He was then told to leave again and did.

She is now afraid to stay by herself and rightfully so. I gave her 2 of my pistols she is familiar with and told her to not hesitate to shoot if he comes in again. The locks have been changed, restraining order will be filed first thing Tuesday, and I am staying with her for a little while just for some extra piece of mind.

My only real question is what else can be done? The police won't arrest him because he had a key that he "lost". (I know, the locks should have been changed then and there) I do not want to shoot someone for simply being stupid, but will do what ever it takes to protect my girlfriend and myself.

OK, how long ago did they break-up and he move out? He still had a key? I will say this once again, giving someone a gun will NOT make them ANY safer unless they get their mind right. If she did not have the fortitude to get his stuff out of her apartment and change the locks...doubt she has the right mind to use a gun you loaned her.

jgreiner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 13, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    Restraining order, deadbolts, and a mean dog.

You might want to rethink your strategy of giving her your guns though, especially if this is a new relationship.

Agreed. Take her out, let HER buy one for herself......you can even give her the CASH if she is short on it. But let her buy her own.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    OK, how long ago did they break-up and he move out? He still had a key? I will say this once again, giving someone a gun will NOT make them ANY safer unless they get their mind right. If she did not have the fortitude to get his stuff out of her apartment and change the locks...doubt she has the right mind to use a gun you loaned her.

+1
    There are a lot of factors to consider that havent been addressed. Did the boyfriend establish residency at the home? Does he get mail there? Is he on the lease/rental agreement/ect? How long has he not lived at the home? What items does he still have there?
    Factors like these make a pretty big difference as to his rights to enter the home (locks changed or not).

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    All of the good advice given upthread aside, I'd look at threatening behavior - especially by the male half of a domestic dispute - very seriously in every case. Sure there are other ways to deal with such behavior, but a guy who will hit a woman in a rage will kill her in a rage. All legal considerations aside, I wouldn't stand by and watch ANYONE threatened by bodily harm without taking some action (starting with calling 911) and taking further serious precautions afterwards. Seriously, how many times recently have we read about a guy killing his ex-wife or - very recently - his ex-girlfriend's daughter. Sure the guys usually kill themselves afterwards, but that doesn't help the victim.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    Ugh I HATE domestic calls. Citywide we probably respond to 2-300 a day. Never underestimate the stupidity and childishness of some people. I've seen everything from grown adults calling 911 over name calling to husband got tired of wife and step son and proceeded to shoot them in the head while watching TV. It takes all kinds.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    +1
    There are a lot of factors to consider that havent been addressed. Did the boyfriend establish residency at the home? Does he get mail there? Is he on the lease/rental agreement/ect? How long has he not lived at the home? What items does he still have there?
    Factors like these make a pretty big difference as to his rights to enter the home (locks changed or not).
    All this may be true and he may have a right to enter the property still but regardless of that fact he does'nt have the right to threaten her with physical violence.

That being said the current boyfriend has to know where he stands and how far he can legally go if the ex-boyfriend has a right to be there as you point out.

He can't just kick his ass or shoot him for entering the premises unless the criteria is met for self defense.

VUPDblue

Silencers Have NEVER Been Illegal !
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    Ugh I HATE domestic calls. Citywide we probably respond to 2-300 a day. Never underestimate the stupidity and childishness of some people. I've seen everything from grown adults calling 911 over name calling to husband got tired of wife and step son and proceeded to shoot them in the head while watching TV. It takes all kinds.

I had one where Mr. Drunkandstupid was mad at his wife because she shaved her vajayjay....

Top Bottom