• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • stevezx2

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 21, 2018
    Hartford City
    I have had a henry .45 LC with the large loop lever for a while and is a great feeling gun. Last week I picked up a .44 mag with the small loop and I actually kind of prefer it since I don't wear gloves to shoot. It feels like a more natural movement with the shorter feeling throw.

Henry sells the large loop as an upgrade on their site, but I have been unable to locate a small loop to replace my large loop. I even sent an unanswered email to Henry to sorce one. Has anyone made the change? I've also heard about shims for the lever to take out side play. Do they actually work and keep the action smooth?

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    Yep, call.
    Once you get in contact with their customer service department, it should be easy.
    Henry has one of the best customer service centers on the industry.

stevezx2

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 21, 2018
    Hartford City
    Yep, call.
    Once you get in contact with their customer service department, it should be easy.
    Henry has one of the best customer service centers on the industry.
    I'll try calling them today when I get a chance. I figured an email would at least get some response, but it's been over a week.

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    I'll try calling them today when I get a chance. I figured an email would at least get some response, but it's been over a week.
    They are usually busy, but that is surprising.
    You might mention your email to the customer service rep.

Osprey

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 13, 2013
    Indianapolis
    Is the big loop that comfortable or easy to use? I've never used one with it. I'm used to the small/"standard" size loop. I would think the big loop would get in the way. It looks like it would be harder to cycle it.

cg21

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    May 5, 2012
    Thanks guys! A 6 minute phone call is all it took and a new small loop is on its way. Very friendly customer service with a hint of a jersey accent!
    If you need that large one disposed of let me know. We hunt with ours, a lot of times with gloves. And my dads favorite show was the rifleman lol

Top Bottom