• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cordex

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 24, 2008
    Most of the HAM tests in central Indiana are on Saturdays when I'm generally not available. I'm trying to organize a weeknight test session in the Hendricks County area and I thought I'd check to see if anyone else nearby is interested in taking the test in the upcoming weeks.

I believe that the cost will be $12 per person.

If you are interested, send me a PM with an email address and we'll try to work out the best date for everyone.

If you're not sure how you'd do on the test, free practice exams are available here:
    eHam.net Ham Radio Practice Exams

The technician test is simple enough, and anyone here should be able to pass with a little bit of preparation.

cordex

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 24, 2008
    Update:
    We're planning on scheduling the test for Wednesday 4/10 [STRIKE]at 7:00pm[/STRIKE] in Danville. Price is $12.

Details on location to follow.

Last edited:

cordex

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 24, 2008
    Testing is scheduled for Wednesday 4/10 at 6:30 PM in Danville.
    Anyone interested in testing should bring $12 cash, a picture ID and another form of ID.
    If you are trying for an upgrade, bring a photo copy of your current ticket as well as the original.

PM me for the address. Anyone who has already expressed interest will get a PM from me.

cordex

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 24, 2008
    As a reminder, testing will take place tomorrow (Wednesday) 4/10 at 6:30PM. Anyone interested who has not already received a PM with details, contact me ASAP.

cordex

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 24, 2008
    Anyone who missed this test and is interested in make-up testing, they're planning on doing one April 29. Contact Wayne Fox at hcars46122@gmail.com if you're interested. I passed my Technician tonight, but might try for my general on the 29th.

bb37

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 27, 2013
    North of US40
    I passed my Technician tonight, but might try for my general on the 29th.
    Outstanding! I was a Technician for many years before I finally decided to upgrade. Now I'm an Extra. While I still spend more time on the VHF/UHF bands, I do get on HF a couple times a week. I've talked to some interesting folks with a fairly simple dipole antenna that's still HOA friendly.

mta5888

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 10, 2013
    Indianapolis, IN
    Depending on where you host it I'm a General and a VE so I'll be more than happy to help with testing if I can. I live in Indy and if work allows. I'm just waiting on my updated Badge with my updated callsign on it from the ARRL.

mta5888

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 10, 2013
    Indianapolis, IN
    Outstanding! I was a Technician for many years before I finally decided to upgrade. Now I'm an Extra. While I still spend more time on the VHF/UHF bands, I do get on HF a couple times a week. I've talked to some interesting folks with a fairly simple dipole antenna that's still HOA friendly.

HF is so much fun. Contests, especially State Qso Parties are great! cordex good luck on your general and bb37 I'm in the same boat. I am in an apartment complex so on the weekends I string up a wire dipole or two in trees outside our window.

Top Bottom