• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • southern.in.guy

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 15, 2010
    switzerland county
    I just bought my first Glock 23. This is my first Glock. Its a 3rd gen and came with everything it was bought new with. Case 3 clips all manuals cleaning tools, lock , speed loader and the guy threw in a Fobus retention holster $450. I thought this was a good deal. He only put 50 rds down the pipe and didn't like the recoil of the 40. This brings me to my point and that is I love the 40 but i would like to buy a 9mm barrel for it as well. I shoot a lot and we all know 9mm ammo is cheaper. How makes the best 40 to 9mm conversion barrel for my Glock and whats the cost. Any input would help there seems to be a lot of Glock guys around here. THANKS

IndyMonkey

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2010
    For the difference of 4.00 per 50 you would have to shoot a ton of ammo to see the savings.

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    I carry .40 as my SD load and plink with 9mm.

One of the reasons I love the G23.

Just get this:

GNS-140 - Lone Wolf Distributor Conversion Barrel Glock 23 to 9mm Standard Length

and some G19 mags and you are set!

I've got the Lonewolf .40-9mm threaded one with mine and love it.

There is a bigger selection here:

GlockWorld.com: Glock Barrels by Storm Lake

not as cheap, but they also have conversion-ported models.

The lonewolf is good, but you asked with is best? I'd say the Storm Lake.

I plan on getting a Storm Lake ported .40 barrel for my G23 for EDC, along with some XD Big Dots night sights.

IndyGunworks

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Carthage IN
    I just bought my first Glock 23. This is my first Glock. Its a 3rd gen and came with everything it was bought new with. Case 3 MAGAZINES all manuals cleaning tools, lock , speed loader and the guy threw in a Fobus retention holster $450. I thought this was a good deal. He only put 50 rds down the pipe and didn't like the recoil of the 40. This brings me to my point and that is I love the 40 but i would like to buy a 9mm barrel for it as well. I shoot a lot and we all know 9mm ammo is cheaper. How makes the best 40 to 9mm conversion barrel for my Glock and whats the cost. Any input would help there seems to be a lot of Glock guys around here. THANKS

FIXED IT FOR YA...

THIS IS A CLIP

THIS IS A MAGZINE

magtype.jpg

Zachoff

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 6, 2009
    N.W. Indiana
    Answered my own question!! Thanks for the link.

• Storm Lake® Conversion Barrel
    • Model: Glock® 27
    • Manufacturer Number: GL-27-9MM-STD-0P-00T
    • Caliber: 40 S&W® To 9MM
    • Style: Drop In
    • Also Compatible With Glock® 33

cosermann

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 15, 2008
    For the difference of 4.00 per 50 you would have to shoot a ton of ammo to see the savings.

Let's say a conversion barrel cost $128. That's only 32 boxes of ammo at $4 savings per box (or 1600 rounds).
    Let's say you shoot 3 boxes a month. The barrel is paid off in a year. After that, you could save $4 per box.

That's not all that much ammo from my perspective, a pretty quick payback, and you have the capability to shoot two calibers rather than one.

IndyMonkey

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2010
    Let's say a conversion barrel cost $128. That's only 32 boxes of ammo at $4 savings per box (or 1600 rounds).
    Let's say you shoot 3 boxes a month. The barrel is paid off in a year. After that, you could save $4 per box.

That's not all that much ammo from my perspective, a pretty quick payback, and you have the capability to shoot two calibers rather than one.

Have you ever read the forsale forum, most guns have less than 200 rounds thru them. :D

I would guess the average Ingo person shoots less than 1k a year in any weapon, much less a G23 in For-tay

Srtsi4wd

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I have a Lone wolf for my G32 (same barrel as the G23). Great product, highly recommend it. All ammo cost money, the capability to shoot multiple calibers was the selling point for me. Another reason was so the wife could practice with it. .357 Sig was a bit much for her to start out with.:):

The KCI G19 mags have worked perfectly in mine, they are just a little rough around the edges. Take 'em apart, cleaned the casting flash with a razor knife and you almost cant tell the difference.

Get yourself a .357 Sig barrel while your at it and really have some fun!:ar15:

Zachoff

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 6, 2009
    N.W. Indiana
    Three boxes a month! How about three boxes a week. Maybe I am not suppose to do that. Question, is it bad to shoot a lot of rounds through a gun? Say 150 rounds per week. Using Glock 27 and FNP 40.

XtremeVel

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Feb 2, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Have only tried the Lone wolf and KKM barrels. Wish I would of known about the Lone wolf before spending extra on the KKM. If you go with Lone wolf, be sure to ask for their recent catalog. Also, if you ever decide to add the .357, dont forget the factory barrel as an option.

southern.in.guy

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 15, 2010
    switzerland county
    Thanks for the help guys sounds like lone wolf it is and some times i might go threw 100rds a month some time 300rds any money saved goes to more ammo and more guns. This gun is going to be my cc but the wife and kids likes to shoot to and 9mm will be better for them. THANKS

Top Bottom