• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • glockednlocked

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 7, 2008
    I have a filthy rusty model 60 that I clean every year or 2 with carb cleaner then grease it up and it allways goes bang :) just an aside on "swamp people" last night I saw a newer model 60/a 10/22 and an old remington killin dem gators :)

whitetrash

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 2, 2010
    lebanon
    i have 1 and have problems with mine too. i have cleaned the heel out of it. and still cant figure out what is wrong. was going to give it to my daughter as a birthday present. but till i get it workin right it stays where its at.

deerslayer13

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 29, 2010
    indpls in
    i also own that modle. when mine started doing that i open it up and came to find that there where a few plactic parts in the gun and they had shaterd from to much use. and it only holds or at least i only put 15 rounds in it

bjosephback

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    Indy
    Recoil buffers. They are plastic. They break. The don't like break cleaner or CLP. it makes them brittle.

Buffer

Buffer, Replacement

That takes care of most FTE's. With a good cleaning.

Now FTF's most likely has to do with this part.

Feedthroat, New Style

These are new style parts. Good luck find a feedthroat on the older model. I had one made for my father in laws.

Thanks for the input. I dropped the gun off at Gander Mountain over the weekend and they called and said minimum of $80 to look at it. I said don't touch it and I'll be in tomorrow to pick it up. I guess that's what I get for being lazy!

RichardR

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2010
    My very first firearm was a Model 60, I've had it for about 40 years now, great little rifles but mine will jam up bad if I don't keep it clean.

Deet

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Aug 21, 2009
    NWI
    Be careful spraying chemicals on the trigger assy and hammer, they are plastic and can melt making them useless. A new trigger assy is $25, ask me how I know.

Eddie

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 28, 2009
    North of Terre Haute
    I purchased a used Marlin 60, .22LR and after about 30 or so rounds, it kept on FTE. It has a tube magazine that holds 18 rounds and it was happening sometimes on the first or second shot, sometimes later in the magazine. It was a cheap gun, but I really enjoy the cheap ammunition. Any suggestions?

One other thing (in addition to telling you to clean and lube it :D) is that if its a new gun it may just need some breaking in. Don't pass judgment on it until you've had it apart and back together a couple of times and ran 250 or so rounds through it. Some weapons do improve with initial use.

bjosephback

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    Indy
    One other thing (in addition to telling you to clean and lube it :D) is that if its a new gun it may just need some breaking in. Don't pass judgment on it until you've had it apart and back together a couple of times and ran 250 or so rounds through it. Some weapons do improve with initial use.

I wish that was the case; I bought it used of a guy on gunbroker.com. I didn't pay much for it, and it shoots strait, so I guess I shouldn't really complain.:dunno:

bjosephback

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    Indy
    I finally got the gun back and cleaned it last night. It was dirty as hell; I know it wasn't from the 30 or so rounds I put through it. I will be plinking with it this weekend, so hopefully it will not fail to eject!

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Michael.
    Top Bottom