• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jkfletcher

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 12, 2011
    A geographical oddity
    That is where your bonus antlerless tag would come in. You can tag it with a bonus tag, and continue to hunt for your buck to the end of the season.

Right, if you bought a bonus tag and the muzzleloader license. But say you were unprepared or too broke to buy both(hypothetically) and you took the doe....you wouldn't be able to take the buck, since legally/morally you couldn't take the doe on the muzzleloader license, the decide to run and get the bonus tag so you could still take a buck. Just making sure I understand it correctly

Lonnie

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 17, 2010
    Hamilton county
    Right, if you bought a bonus tag and the muzzleloader license. But say you were unprepared or too broke to buy both(hypothetically) and you took the doe....you wouldn't be able to take the buck, since legally/morally you couldn't take the doe on the muzzleloader license, the decide to run and get the bonus tag so you could still take a buck. Just making sure I understand it correctly

muzzleloader liecense= good during muzzleloading season only for 1 buck (if you have not tagged a buck with bow or firearm ) OR 1 antlerless deer

bonus antlerless = 1 doe (good for 1 antlerless deer during any season , can not exceed quota per county)

rather easy to understand:dunno:

mertbl

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    So if I have 8 bonus antlerless deer tags or licenses does that allow me to possess all 8 deer at once or am I still bound by the possession limit?

jkfletcher

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 12, 2011
    A geographical oddity
    -1 to my comprehension when tired

I meant my question to come out more like "how can you take a buck if you've already taken a doe on the m/l license?" Now that I'm awake, the obvious answer is along the lines of "too bad, wait til next year" Sorry if I frustrated anyone

muzzleloader liecense= good during muzzleloading season only for 1 buck (if you have not tagged a buck with bow or firearm ) OR 1 antlerless deer

bonus antlerless = 1 doe (good for 1 antlerless deer during any season , can not exceed quota per county)

rather easy to understand:dunno:

M4Madness

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Springville
    page 9 of the guide. Need to understand that, same as well as the daily bag limit of small game etc.

Can only have so many in the freezer at once. There was a thread on it around here somewhere.

There is no daily bag limit on deer. You may possess as many as you can legally kill in a season, granted that you checked them all in.

I have a lifetime license. If I lived in a county that has a bonus antlerless quota of 8, I could kill all 8 during the same hunt, if I were physically capable of doing so.

I live in a county with a bonus antlerless quota of 4. I can legally kill my 4 here, then go to another county and kill the limit there as well, even if my total antlerless kills exceed my county quota.

Last edited:

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    Sweet! Thanks for clearing that up, I've seen various discussions and wondered about deer.

I knew how many we could kill, it was how many that we could have in the freezer I was wondering about...

but then again, I need to get the first :D

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    -1 to my comprehension when tired

I meant my question to come out more like "how can you take a buck if you've already taken a doe on the m/l license?" Now that I'm awake, the obvious answer is along the lines of "too bad, wait til next year" Sorry if I frustrated anyone

IMHO, the first tag you buy every year should be a bonus antlerless. That way, you can always shoot a doe if you see one and leaves your other tags for a buck. If you don't get a buck towards the end of the season, then shoot either one.

The only tag you eat if you don't see a buck is the first Firearms season, that is antlered only.

Top Bottom