• ...and so much more!
  • 1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    I'm going to carry them, scuff them, shoot them, put turn rings on them (where applicable) etc.
    Me too. While it might be interesting to have enough money to collect guns that I'm not going carry/use, I'm more of the utilitarian kinda guy myself. If I'm going to worry about it getting scuffed, I'm going to have to pass.

+1 My carry 1911 is looking a little sad! But functions flawless. 10k plus rounds and 3 years of service. It is a cheap (by most 1911 owners standards) Citadel. I have polished the feed ramp/sear and hammer. It has 4lb trigger. I replaced the recoil spring with a Ed Brown 18lb. It feeds any thing I put in it and I clean and inspect it regularly. Not bad for a $500 gun.

sdunsworth

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 14, 2011
    Columbus
    I understand. I've got a citadel, a sig, a glock, and more .... I carry my citadel a lot. The only thing I carry more is my BUG - a Kel-tec p32 that isn't much more than a belly gun, but is very easily concealable and never has had issues.

11-B

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 7, 2012
    Looking for a good carry 1911. Function/reliability and quality build are most important to me. Then concealibility, field stripping, parts availability...

I'm down to to choices I like at this point, the Sig Nightmare Carry and a member here has a Kimber Combat Carry 1 of 1000 for sale. The price difference between the two will be about $2-300.00 more for the Kimber.

Ive not shot either. Can anyone make a recommendation based on actually owning/shooting either gun. Thanks, I appreciate the help.

I have a sig 1911 for sale in the classifieds

Sirshredalot

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 15, 2011
    Muncie
    I owned both...Still have the kimber.

I could never get though 500 rounds in one range trip (more like 200-250) with the sig.(nightmare).

The frame to slide fit was SO FREAKING TIGHT that the gun would fail to return to battery and require a bump of the slide forward, because it would get "dirty".
    Recoil spring had less than 1K rounds on it.

The gun was also a pain in the butt to put back together because of the frame fit as well...superior machine work, just not enough room left for any error.

The gun however was a tack driver and was the best feeling gun in my hand.

The Kimber (first gen) eats anything and everything whether it be short, long, semi-wadcutter, ball, hollowpoint, lead, copper, hot, mouse-fart, whatever.

Has shot well over 500 rounds in one outing, and will shoot a golf ball(and walnuts) off of a golf tee at 25 yards.

Save a few bucks, get a "custom shop" kimber without the firing pin safety and your set.

$.02

God bless
    -Shred

Liberty1911

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 25, 2012
    I have a few hundred rounds through my Kimber Tactical II with no problems. I actually prefer it to my Springfield, although I've never had any problems with my Springfield either.

TBaker

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 7, 2013
    I have a Kimber Combat Carry and love it. I've tried to find info on this gun searching the web and have found little. It is a limited production gun and I have seen some people say it is probably one of the best Kimber put out. I've also got a custom CDP and it's a generation 1. From what I've seen the gen 1 guns are a lot better than the new ones. I don't have a Sig but know a lot of guys that do and they love them.

warren5421

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 23, 2010
    Plainfield
    I have been looking at several 1911's and have settled on a S&W Pro Series. I looked at the Kember and could only see a gun in the RIA class with a big price tag. The Sig almost beat the S&W. The fit and finish on both are equal but I just liked the S&W better. Go with Sig, to me it is the better gun.

Top Bottom