• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hotfarmboy1

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 7, 2008
    Madison County
    post a closer picture of the back of the bolt.... looks like a sporterized milsurp gun for sure.... i am thinking one of the 1903 variants... more pics of the action/bolt would help

that's what I was thinking. From that distance it looks like a mauser action, esp with the floorplate on the bottom. Although i will say this it has a nice stock than my Golden state arms mauser, lol

jwdeal

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2009
    I found an ad on ebay saying that tradewinds was importing the action.. Husqvarna Rifle action first time available in America it states by Tradewinds Inc.early 60's it appears.. the other ad on ebay shows many of the Husqvarna rifles but all in walnut. This is more of a tiger stripped maple. WHat other pictures should I post that would help to identify???

jwdeal

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2009
    Picture of Bolt Ignore the red dot,,flash from camera

keeyzd.jpg

Last edited:

22lr

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 8, 2009
    Jeff Gordon Country
    Gosh thats a nice looking rifle. Ya I was wrong there, but I must say ive never seen one of those rifles before, very nice find.

I think its interesting that the bolt hold true to the milsurp Mauser bolt, kind figured they spruce it up a bit. :yesway:

jwdeal

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2009
    Thanks..but how do I detrmine a value? or just what do I call it?? Do I Need to insure it with the few others?? Thanks for all your help

22lr

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 8, 2009
    Jeff Gordon Country
    I would have it appraised for sure. I'm not all up to speed on these rifles but that stock alone is worth something for being tiger maple.

Also im not up to speed on older scopes but it could have some value. Try looking the model up on gunbroker.com and see what they go for. :dunno:

Good luck, maybe someone else can get a value.

redneckmedic

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Greenfield
    Looks like tiger maple. I would strip her, sand her, use a wet cloth and iron to pull out those dings and dents then refinish and restain............would be very very sharp ( and have indygunworks give her a full polish job) yes pun intended on all above :)

caneman

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2009
    Lagrange County
    $7 - 8 worth of Cerrosafe from Brownells for a quick chamber mold and then a set of mikes will tell you the caliber.

Just guessing at a custom Mauser in .308 Norma Magnum which is in the light 300 Winchester Magnum class. They were generally excellent rifles.

Most good loading books have plenty of loads listed. Mild to wild.

Top Bottom