Help sourcing a kmart model 151 410 forend?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • LILNICKY

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 16, 2024
    CLIFTON TEXAS
    mine has 200,000 miles on it on the back of an old 200s three wheeler chasing rabbits through hay fields as a kid. Cant put a price tag on them kind of memories.

Attachments

• gat.jpg
      gat.jpg
      72.3 KB · Views: 3

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    A person could have an entire collection of retailer branded firearms that were made by gun maker brands we know.

The SS Kresge guns were Japanese Miroku, who now makes the cheaper Brownings. A lot of the Sears guns were made by Noble, H&R, Savage and others, My Coast to Coast hardware pump gun was made by Savage. Montgomery Wards guns were Stevens. Western Auto company sold brands made by several makers, including Mossberg. Some were cheapened versions, but some were the same version with the store name label.

Pretty cool to have a Kmart gun. Good luck getting it restored to function. It will be fun.

jsn_mooney

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    South Of Richmond
    If you watch some of the sellers on GunBroker who specialize in the parts kits that appear to be from guns ordered destroyed you can likely get all parts minus the receiver for a good price, may take a month or so but I have had good luck obtaining spare parts for obscure guns this way. Good luck, those are actually decent guns-

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    Yes, Im aware. What are these cheaper Brownings?
    Now you are just screwing around, but I'll answer you anyway.

The last time I looked at a new Citori Field it was about $1750. Retail on the top of everything competition Citori was about $7K. The street price tends to be quite a bit lower. You can still order a Belgium made Superposed and will set you back over 30K. There is no street price at this level.

There was always a significant price distinction between the original Browning Belgium guns and the Citori line by Miroku. Nothing wrong with the Miroku guns, if that is what you like.

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    Now you are just screwing around, but I'll answer you anyway.

The last time I looked at a new Citori Field it was about $1750. Retail on the top of everything competition Citori was about $7K. The street price tends to be quite a bit lower. You can still order a Belgium made Superposed and will set you back over 30K. There is no street price at this level.

There was always a significant price distinction between the original Browning Belgium guns and the Citori line by Miroku. Nothing wrong with the Miroku guns, if that is what you like.
    Long time Browning lever collector. My grand father was another long time Browning collector. We have a bunch of Browning long guns in our family. I was given a Browning lever for each birthday for maybe 30 years. I've never seen a Belgium that's built any better or nicer than a Japanese Browning. Browning sets the specs for what it wants built.
    I will also say with today's modern machinery and steels, we get better firearms than before 1975.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    The Belgian Brownings were considered more desirable for many years. The admiration of the Japanese made ones is a relatively recent phenomenon

Reactions: Leo

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    The Belgian Brownings were considered more desirable for many years. The admiration of the Japanese made ones is a relatively recent phenomenon
    Except the salt ones. The younger generations really are not interested in many old things. Belgian Brownings are one of those things.

Top Bottom