Help sourcing a kmart model 151 410 forend?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hapea2serv

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2023
    Angola
    My uncle passed away a couple years ago. He gave me a rusty old Kmart 4-10 model 151 it would have 0 value except sentimental for me. I would shoot it if i get it back together. The forarm/ forend assembly is missing. I would buy a complete shotgun for the forend if needed. They have no collectable value that i see. I have some pocket knives and old wooden fishing lures i can trade also. Ive been watching ebay for awhile, nothing there yet. I did send some emails to parts dealers but got no reply. So I keep searching. Thanks

Hapea2serv

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2023
    Angola
    According to what I’ve found the gun in question was made for KMart by CBC in Brazil.
    Take a look at this.
    Thank you. It popped up that both parts are the same. I got it ordered. Thank you so much for you help.

TheGhostRider

Watching from a distance…
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Absolutely happy to be of assistance!
    I would like to see a picture of the finished project!
    I learned to hunt rabbits with a .410 single provided by by my favorite uncle.
    I would give anything to be able to set down and talk to him and thank him for everything that he taught me. Wonderful memories for sure.

Hapea2serv

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2023
    Angola
    I would give anything to be able to set down and talk to him and thank him for everything that he taught me. Wonderful memories for sure.
    I will definitely post pic. I dont know how much i will do. Im considering blueing but it is pitted. Might look better with rust removed and oiled. Antique look lol

Hapea2serv

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2023
    Angola
    Well the forend came, but im still missing parts. When i get to my office i will look up whats missing. I appreciate the help. I cleaned up the shotgun and it dont look to bad. These are before pics. I was hopeing to install forearm before finish pics. Im going target practice with 9mm and .22 now.

Hapea2serv

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2023
    Angola
    I checked for parts still needed. I couldnt find them on Numrich. I have the info on parts. Maybe you or someone can point me to these parts. Either one of these parts will complete the shotgun. Thanks https://www.gunpartscorp.com/products/476860A and also https://www.gunpartscorp.com/products/477040A these are the hinge assembly or hinge sub assembly

Attachments

• D7A67B78-D2F4-4A41-9418-FBAEFBE28BAB.jpeg
      D7A67B78-D2F4-4A41-9418-FBAEFBE28BAB.jpeg
      201.9 KB · Views: 8

Hapea2serv

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2023
    Angola
    I might have found the part. It is not an exact match. I have a shop and might be able modify the part to work.

planedriver

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 20, 2009
    gone
    This is a long shot but try eBay! I have found a lot of “non-existent “ parts there. You just have to use several ways of wording what you are looking for. If it’s not found immediately save your search and add an alert.

Hapea2serv

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2023
    Angola
    This is a long shot but try eBay! I have found a lot of “non-existent “ parts there. You just have to use several ways of wording what you are looking for. If it’s not found immediately save your search and add an alert.
    Thats where i found some the parts, and the part im going to try. Thanks

Hapea2serv

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2023
    Angola
    I got the parts i needed. I have some extra parts i can put on Ebay. Im not going to work on metal finish other then I cleaned it up good. The bore was spotless. Its been parked in a closet a long time. Some one probably bumped it and snapped forearm off. I never seen my uncle use it. He always hunted with .22 or 12 gauge. He had some old guns but they got sold when he died. He gave me this just months before he died. I stayed at his side al the time he was sick 2 yrs. Im a preacher so I kept vigil. I sure loved him. I spent more than the gun is worth, but to me it is priceless. Thank you brothers on INGO for your help. I am tickled with results. This is twice you folks have helped me. Im grateful. Before and after pics

Attachments

• C83AFA9B-CE9C-4646-9F5D-D73833C2C63B.jpeg
      C83AFA9B-CE9C-4646-9F5D-D73833C2C63B.jpeg
      98.6 KB · Views: 18
    • 354BFD58-A2BF-42E4-9063-AF1DA01853FA.jpeg
      354BFD58-A2BF-42E4-9063-AF1DA01853FA.jpeg
      174.1 KB · Views: 18
    • 73217D58-DCE8-49DA-B28A-75366562A8CC.jpeg
      73217D58-DCE8-49DA-B28A-75366562A8CC.jpeg
      373.1 KB · Views: 18

Hapea2serv

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2023
    Angola
    Looks great! My dad sent my brother to Kmart in 1981 to get me a cheap 20 gauge I could wing slugs with. Cost about $40.00 new? Kicked like a mule for some reason.
    Kmart in its hay day was king. Subs, ham sandwiches and slushies. Blue light specials. Guns, ammo, license, i still have Kmart ammo, and gun cleaning supplies.

LILNICKY

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 16, 2024
    CLIFTON TEXAS
    Kmart in its hay day was king. Subs, ham sandwiches and slushies. Blue light specials. Guns, ammo, license, i still have Kmart ammo, and gun cleaning supplies.
    Hey bud i am looking for the same piece. I lost it when i was a kid riding on the back of the 3 wheeler with my dad during a rabbit hunt. Do you mind letting me know what you used or did you find a replacement?

Hapea2serv

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2023
    Angola
    Hey bud i am looking for the same piece. I lost it when i was a kid riding on the back of the 3 wheeler with my dad during a rabbit hunt. Do you mind letting me know what you used or did you find a replacement?
    I did find one. I will check after work. I should have info in gun papers box. Seems like i got 2 of them. I will check.

Top Bottom