• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    Really hose it down with the WD40 and let it sit overnight. After you get most of it off hose it down again and let it sit. I've taken stubborn stickers and tape off old ammo cans and many other items using this method.

Dirtebiker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Feb 13, 2011
    Greenwood
    I soaked it down for about 6 hours. The remaining tape is pretty "water proof" and it's resisting the chemicals to remove it.
    I also tried the heat gun to no avail.
    I'll have to get some of that Goo stuff this week end.
    I'm still open to the magic fix for this.
    Thanks guys. I hope someone has been through this camo tape removal that works easily.
    Did you try a hair dryer or heat gun? I've got a heat gun if you need. They are much better than a hair dryer

Gluemanz28

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Mar 4, 2013
    Elkhart County
    I used goo gone on a plastic sunbeam water cooler that I purchased from Menards. It had a sticker on it and when I removed the sticker it softened the plastic and caused a smear spot.

I would suggest putting some under the butt pad and see if it attacks the stock.

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    Did you try a hair dryer or heat gun? I've got a heat gun if you need. They are much better than a hair dryer

Yep, I tried a heat gun. The old tape is so brittle it doesn't want to stay together enough to get it loose. I've been scraping it with a hard plastic squeege and it's not working either. Automotive grease and wax remover might work. I'm going tomorrow to get the 3M adhesive remover. I have a lot of faith in that stuff.
    I have to figure it out. I bought 3 guns that all have the same tape.

Gluemanz28

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Mar 4, 2013
    Elkhart County
    Yep, I tried a heat gun. The old tape is so brittle it doesn't want to stay together enough to get it loose. I've been scraping it with a hard plastic squeege and it's not working either. Automotive grease and wax remover might work. I'm going tomorrow to get the 3M adhesive remover. I have a lot of faith in that stuff.
    I have to figure it out. I bought 3 guns that all have the same tape.

Hope you got them cheap :spend:

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    I use Desolves It. It's an adhesive remover. I get it at a local Ace hardware store. It is good on old tape.

The 3M adhesive remover is the next step. I've used it in the body shops and it doesn't hurt finishes or most vinyl/rubber/plastic moldings either. I'm thinking it will work on these guns.

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy

Maybe try STEAM. :):

euro-pro-shark-SC630D-1-500x500.jpg

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    Got the tape off. Heat did it. Not the normal type but I left it in the trunk the last couple of days and the tape scraped off with a plastic squeegee. Residue came off with Windex. I had to spray it down a half dozen times while I wiped it off but it came off.
    Now on to the next one. Hope the weather stays warm.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Michael.
    Top Bottom