• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jfed85

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 16, 2008
    My wife is an LPN currently looking for work. She is currently employed but desires a better working environment and better working relationships with coworkers then currently exists where she is employed. Basically, to put it nicely, every day is like an episode of Jerry Springer meets The Real World. She can easily find employment but the problem is she is looking for Days and for something that pays her close to what she makes at the current job. She could have already taken a few jobs but for a pay cut of $4-5/hr. For the record she works at a nursing home now. The reason she needs days is because I work nights and we dont have a baby sitter. She can work from between 6am to 3 or 4. If anyone knows of such a job that is available I would love to hear about it so I could let her know. I just figured Id post this up incase people knew of opportunities or had wives/girlfriends in the field that knew of opportunities. Figured it was worth a try. We live in Beech Grove so somewhere within 20-30 minute drive of downtown Indianapolis.
    Thanks

Last edited:

jfed85

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 16, 2008
    HAHA, ya I would assume so. Duh.

We live in Beech Grove.

She is open to anything within 20-30 minute drive of downtown

ModernGunner

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2010
    NWI
    Maybe try some online resources like Monster.com, Indeed.com, and LinkedIn (and others as well). Just a suggestion. Best of luck!

jfed85

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 16, 2008
    Maybe try some online resources like Monster.com, Indeed.com, and LinkedIn (and others as well). Just a suggestion. Best of luck!

Her resume is out there using those resources. She mostly gets a lot of BS contacts about it. Like selling medical supplies for $10/hr. Now, if that's what you have to do then Im not insulting anyone, but I doubt an LPN wants to do that. As I said, it isn't as though she CANT find work, or is out of work. Her place of work is just a $h!&show and shes trying to find something that pays comparably.

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    Her RN is my retirement plan.

...I kid

A couple guys I use to work with sort of did that. They were putting their wives through school for various decent paying healthcare careers. I know one of them was making good money himself and as soon as his wife finished her program and got into the hospital, he quit working orthopedics to watch the kids (also went to school for radiology tech while the kids were in school). Last I knew he'd gotten a part time position and was spending the rest of the time watching the kids.

jfed85

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 16, 2008
    Id rather have two incomes regardless. She has 3 interviews lined up so we will see if she can get out of the circus she's stuck in now.

Top Bottom