• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 19, 2009
    Central Indiana
    Redding's run about $10 more for a basic set, not anywhere near 2.5x the cost. Dillon's run close to 2.5 times the cost of Lee. Still trying to figure out why Dillon dies are so high.

Yes, for a 2 die set with no shellholder. If you want to make the direct comparison, the Lee RGB .223 dies usually run $15.99 a set. Natchezss has Reddings listed at $34.99.

Dillion dies are so high because they're lubricated with ground unicorn horn before they leave the factory.

billybob44

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    392   0   0
    Sep 22, 2010
    In the Man Cave
    Redding in .223-Dilon on all handgun..

My 22-250 dies are RCBS and they're excellent.

I'n 30-06 I bought LEE to deal with the military brass after breaking the de-primer on my RCBS set repeatedly.
    The RCBS will do that when you hit a Berdan case..

I'm happy with my Redding 2 die set, with a buffed carbide expander ball. With good brass there is zero run-out.
    Same here--Add the Competition Seater+you ARE good to go..

Yes, for a 2 die set with no shellholder. If you want to make the direct comparison, the Lee RGB .223 dies usually run $15.99 a set. Natchezss has Reddings listed at $34.99.

Dillon dies are so high because they're lubricated with ground unicorn horn before they leave the factory.

Dillon dies are hi because they are GREAT..Dillon does NOT do Japanese Arithmetic to determine what to charge you on a 2 year old product, like Lee does...With Dillon, you call+they send you a new one...

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 19, 2009
    Central Indiana
    I've needed to use Lee customer service exactly twice - and both times, they never asked me anything other than my address so they could send out the part. I dont know how they handle more expensive warranty issues. I'm in absolute agreement on how Dillion handles warranty issues - but we're talking a sub $50 set of dies, not a $750 press.

billybob44

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    392   0   0
    Sep 22, 2010
    In the Man Cave
    You're Right..

I've needed to use Lee customer service exactly twice - and both times, they never asked me anything other than my address so they could send out the part. I dont know how they handle more expensive warranty issues. I'm in absolute agreement on how Dillion handles warranty issues - but we're talking a sub $50 set of dies, not a $750 press.

Yea, I'm just "Pulling your Chain" here with Lee vs Redding vs Dillon--Almost as much fun as CC vs OC..HA HA...

The few Lee products that I do have work as designed for me...Bill...

lon

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 10, 2008
    Top, Dead Center

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    I'm using the Dillon Carbide Dies in .223. They are very expensive, but you get what you pay for...smoooooooooth!

Boiled Owl

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 29, 2010
    Newton Co. !
    I ordered the 2 die RGB Lee Set. (Reloading is about saving money!)

Sloughfoot is correct, after inspecting the 55gr Hornady Z-max projos, the Ogive varies quite a bit. (Little disappointed as I bought 1K of these for P-dog loads instead of V-max, getting what you pay for once again!)

I'll use the Lee to size and continue to use the Hornady seating die.

Removing a stuck case from Lee sizing die is a non event.

We stuck another case in the Hornady die yesterday. I can't remember ever having a stuck case with any other caliber or die mfg. Maybe once with the 30-06 when I was starting out in 1982?

Boiled Owl

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 29, 2010
    Newton Co. !
    Got the new LEE dies yesterday. Just using the FL sizing die. Set it up and ran a few cases: In and out slicker than dung thru a goose! Always thought the Hornady die was tight. Anyway, I'm pleased.

Woo Hoo my 500th post!

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Michael.
    Top Bottom