• WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Daltech force
    coupon code daltechthehalls
    https://www.daltechforce.com/gun-belts

I would check out this link...https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...iew-daltech-force-super-biobelt-gun-belt.html

I use the BioBelt and cannot be happier. I have turned 3 others onto the BioBelt and every single one of them has loved theirs as well. It's impervious to sweat and stretching. It also seems to be very resistance to scuffing / scratches.

Best bang for the buck IMHO.

P.S. - They are an Indiana company based in Freemont, IN - Supporting them supports other Hoosiers.

This.

I can't say enough good about my Daltech Force Bio Belt.

Daltech Force BioBelt. Simply a great belt for everyday carry and everyday use (with or without a gun). Search the forum for Daltech or biobelt, read up and then buy one.

Make sure you follow their sizing recommendations if you intend to carry IWB.

/thread

usaf64

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 1, 2012
    Try one of the stores that specialize in selling uniforms to public safety people such and police and firefighters. When I retired from the fire department, I was allowed to keep my uniform belt. It's very sturdy and wide. I still have it and I've been wearing it nearly every day since I retired in 1998. It's not very attractive for dressing up, but for "everyday" wear with jeans and shorts I haven't found (or needed) anything better.

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    Daltech force
    coupon code daltechthehalls
    https://www.daltechforce.com/gun-belts

I would check out this link...https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...iew-daltech-force-super-biobelt-gun-belt.html

I use the BioBelt and cannot be happier. I have turned 3 others onto the BioBelt and every single one of them has loved theirs as well. It's impervious to sweat and stretching. It also seems to be very resistance to scuffing / scratches.

Best bang for the buck IMHO.

P.S. - They are an Indiana company based in Freemont, IN - Supporting them supports other Hoosiers.

This.

I can't say enough good about my Daltech Force Bio Belt.

Daltech Force BioBelt. Simply a great belt for everyday carry and everyday use (with or without a gun). Search the forum for Daltech or biobelt, read up and then buy one.

Make sure you follow their sizing recommendations if you intend to carry IWB.

/thread

Another vote for this belt. It works great and after close to 2 years of everyday use, it still looks brand new. Use coupon code INGO and it's under $50 shipped to your door.

9mmfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2011
    Mishawaka
    I'll be different and say Galco. They're not cheap but the times I've gotten a new one were times when Midwest had a 30% off sale on all Galco products.

saleen4971

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 3, 2013
    East Side Indy
    i like the big leather one i bought from some heavy-set guy from another state (montana?) at the 1500. was like 35 bucks, and it works every day, as well as with nicer clothing.

Higginbo

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 8, 2014
    Columbus
    I've got a Liger belt from Maxpedition. I love it. The black one is indistinguishable from leather, and looks pretty professional. I would be perfectly comfortable wearing it to work. (I don't, because I don't have a good pair of black shoes to go with it at the moment.) It's plastic, and super sturdy. It's also very thin compared to an equally sturdy leather belt (which I also have).

Higginbo

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 8, 2014
    Columbus
    Looking back through the thread, it looks like there's a lot of endorsements for Daltech Super Bio belt. I looked at those as well, and it appears to be a suspiciously similar material to the Liger (or vice versa, however you want to look at it). So I'd venture to guess they're very similar, just a different look. the Liger Belt will run you about $80 I think.

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    Nashville has a great custom leather shop.I would make the trip if you are close enough.They have many custom belts,from plain double thick 2 inches wide to fully decorated ect.
    I have a double thick 1 3/4 that is my everyday belt.It is going on 4 years old now and the only maintenance I have ever done is a little mink oil once a year.
    It has been a great belt.It is right at 3/8 of an inch thick and the difference is amazing when compared to crappy retail belts.
    https://www.moonshineleather.com/index.htm

Last edited:

ModernGunner

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2010
    NWI
    My choice (multiple belts) has been BeltMan. 1.75" Double layer with a stiffener between the two layers.

In almost 6 years of wearing them almost daily, they still look new, hold their same shape as originally shipped (slightly curved) and the only 'wear' has been a bit of 'scuffing on the top and bottom edge that weaves through the buckle. As those areas are black on all the belts (several different color leathers), it was easily touched up with a bit of black 'scuff remover' shoe polish.

They weren't cheap (IIRC, about $110 back then), but they've shown no other signs of wear & tear regardless of what's carried on the belt.

Highly recommended if price isn't the primary concern. :yesway:

96firephoenix

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 15, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    First off I hope everyone had a Merry Christmas and you all have a Happy New Year.

I'm looking for a good gun belt for my EDC setup. Lately I've been using cheap leather belts that you can find at any large retail store but I'd like something a bit sturdier and a bit more durable. Can anyone point me in the right direction?
    Make sure you get actual leather, not the "Genuine/Bonded leather" stuff that they sell in the big box stores. "Genuine/Bonded leather" is a marketing/trade term that is basically the MDF of leather. It is still leather in the strictest sense of the word, but it is shredded and pressed leather with a fabric or vinyl backing. These grades can be as low as 18% actual leather and still qualify as "genuine leather"

birdo

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Lafayette, IN
    I have been using a Bulman gunleather (with the stiffener) for about 8 years, and I'll tell you, I can still wear it with a suit if need be.

Top Bottom