• Pick one

• Total voters

jkain

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 25, 2013
    Loogootee
    I have a BX2670 with a loader and it's like having an extra person around for yard work or any other tasks you may have. Since I've bough my tractor, my Polaris Sportsman 800 sit all the time and its because the tractor gets the job done. Don't forget the tractor has numerous 3-point implements you can get for it at reasonable prices.

Last edited:

Water63

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 18, 2010
    West Central IN
    I have both the Ranger will out plow the tractor in snow and you can get a pull behind mower. The tractor will have benefits too they are really 2 different animals. you can get into a tractor to mow with fairly cheap if the Kabota has a loader then it may win out. Either way the implements cost big buck for the tractor or UTV. Good Luck

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    Coming in a bit late here, but if you want to work with it at all get the Kubota... I worked on a farm last year with several of the 900 rangers and those things won't do jack compared to a kubota tractor with a bucket when it comes time to do any real work at all. I can't say enough times how much more useful the tractor will be over the ranger. While you can use them, I think they are just toys people try to justify etc. Or have the dilema you are. Again I won't say a Polaris isn't nice to have but for work reasons even a truck can be used for anything the polaris would benefit you with over a tractor. My dad has a polaris and a kubota... Kubota is always out and the polaris sits in the garage, at least when work is being done...

CBR1000rr

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2011
    In an eastern valley
    Thanks for the input guys, I ended up buying a tractor. Came home with a 1972 Ford 4400.

Big shout out to indygunworks for allowing me to take a look at his tractor and walking me through the whole process.

Brought it home Saturday and spent the whole day working it. If you ask my wife, I was playing. However, I got a bunch of wood moved, got rid of two piles of dirt that I likely would have just continued to more around. I got two water logged logs moved which I could barely move by hand. I also got some serious work done on a rough ass hill that was so rough I couldn't even bush hog. I moved more dirt in 1 hour than I could have done by hand over a months time if I were working it all day every day.

I will try to get some photos uploaded on my lunch break.

Top Bottom