• Total voters

pokersamurai

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Dec 30, 2008
    LaPorte
    I second the Sig P238. For a pocket carry gun, being able to practice with it and get a good feel for it is important, and most of the smaller guns are crap to shoot. I've got the P238 SAS, and it's an excellent shooting pocket gun, especially compared to the POS LCP my wife carries.

A lot of people have recommended the p238. However, I just don't think I'd ever carry a SAO gun in my pocket. I think the safeties may be to small for me to manipulate under stress. Also, I believe the small pocket SAOs are more susceptible to having their safeties inadvertently taken off while in a pocket.

jrogers

Why not pass the time with a game of solitaire?
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Central IN

Bacon has an exceptional stop percentage, the only problem is that it takes thirty years of frequent application to really get those arteries clogged enough to drop the Bad Guy. Not really a practical solution. Instead I nominate kimchi. Sure, it's less-lethal, but an effective deterrent? And how!

Last edited:

HalfCocked

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Bacon has an exceptional stop percentage, the only problem is that it takes thirty years of frequent application to really get those arteries clogged enough to drop the Bad Guy. Not really a practical solution. Instead I nominate kimchi. Sure, it's less-lethal, but an effective deterrent? And how!

+1 on the kim-chi. I'd just a soon go whiz on a spark plug as eat that stuff :D

Wesley929

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 15, 2009
    NW INDY
    Of the firearms on your list I like the PM9 the best and it is my EDC. That being said I've never been able to pocket carry my PM9 in a pants pocket. A jocket packet is fine but rarely to do I keep my jacket on indoors. I prefer to carry it IWB.

Stryker

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 13, 2009
    I vote "other" Keltec PF-9 or if you need smaller - 380
    PF-9 in a kydex IWH is concealable even with shorts and a t-shirt

Matthew_DM

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 20, 2011
    I've never handled some of these, let alone carried. But I do carry the LCP, front pocket. Serves its purpose very well when I am in a rush and need to carry something quick.

lucky4034

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 14, 2012
    Sig Sauer P290. 6+1 rounds of 9mm in a pocket-sized autopistol. What's not to like? It costs more than the LCP, but if you don't think .380 is enough it's the way to go.

Thank you... I'm also considering a pocket pistol and this is much more appealing than the Nano and the size for what I want is better than the Shield or XDs

:yesway:

Tauler

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 21, 2011
    The Kahr cm9's are absolutely tiny, I was surprised at how small it was when I first held it (and that was coming from a starting point of a Glock 19, not exactly a large gun), but are still very reliable and affordable. I'd go with that.

jchuff87

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 26, 2012
    If you have the money and can find one a J Frame Smith & Wesson snub would be a great choice. Or maybe a Beretta Jet Fire.

Top Bottom