• New gun for pocket carry

• Total voters

Bubbajms

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Sep 3, 2008
    Delphi, IN
    I voted j-frame. I tried carrying an LC9 but (for me, anyway) it's too big for a pocket. I've not looked at the Shield or Nano, and with a good j-frame sized revolver, why would I need to?

3steps

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 22, 2012
    NWI
    I have an LC9. It shoots well, but i was spoiled when I got to try a Shield. But neither are pocket guns. They are both too big for my pockets. I though an ankle holster may be a better carry option. Then I got one... that lasted about 10 minutes. If you want a pocket gun a would suggest an LCP. The .380 will be what you make of it.

purd002

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 25, 2009
    Sold my PM9 and now carry the Sig 238. I shoot great with it and I can shoot it as much as I can afford to. The frame rails on my PM9 were not holding up well after just a few hundred rounds.

evanrw61

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 13, 2012
    Southport Indiana
    I've had nothing but good from my Kahrs. For summer carry, I usually rely on the Kahr MK-9. If I'm feeling nostalgic, I'll tuck my "baby" Browning, or my Smith & Wesson 61 in my pocket. Precision Small Arms is currently making a "baby" Browning model. The model I handled at a gun show was absolutey first rate, silky smooth and made in the US.
    Any of the guns mentioned in the posts before would make a good choice; it will come down to what fits YOUR hand and YOUR pocket. Good luck!
    :twocents:

tradertator

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    Greene County
    My all time favorite pocket gun is the Sig P238. Mine has ran 100%, has sights that are actually usuable, and carries very discreetly. 7 rounds of 380 should get the job done, and an extra 6 round mag is not hard to carry in case it doesn't.

Rob Watson

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 4, 2012
    I agree with diavic, I have been searching for a solo for about 3 weeks now. I have heard of two places having them and by the time I get a chance to get there they have both been gone.

cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    129   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    My Beretta Nano hides easily and runs great on defensive ammo, sometimes hiccups on WWB 115 grain FMJ ball though. Like the American Express ad says, don't leave home without it :)

wagyu52

Master
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Sep 4, 2011
    South of cob corner
    Had a Kahr pm9 and traded it for a Kahr p380 with pocket carry only in mind. Honestly I have been very happy with this little Kahr, it fits much better in the pocket then the PM9 and is easier to carry spare mags. If I was going to get something different, I would go with a LCR. I had a LCR in .38 it was super light but I traded it off because I hated the grip, then they came out with the Houge grip. :facepalm:

jrogers

Why not pass the time with a game of solitaire?
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Central IN
    Sig Sauer P290. 6+1 rounds of 9mm in a pocket-sized autopistol. What's not to like? It costs more than the LCP, but if you don't think .380 is enough it's the way to go.

ret

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 8, 2009
    Pocket carry...late to the party

I know...late answer and breaking the rules...caliber that is. Tried and tried many, many different pocket pistols. PM9 owned two. Two heavy and bulky for me in a pocket. G26 obviously bigger than a PM9. Now, depending on attire, either may work. Jeans, untucked shirt...sure either will work. In fact I still pull that off with either given the "right" attire. But, if you wear something a little lighter in material (pants) and you are talking front pants pocket, has to be in the P3AT or the many copycats,Ruger LCP, Taurus whatever. My 2 centivos.

pokersamurai

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Dec 30, 2008
    LaPorte
    I know...late answer and breaking the rules...caliber that is. Tried and tried many, many different pocket pistols. PM9 owned two. Two heavy and bulky for me in a pocket. G26 obviously bigger than a PM9. Now, depending on attire, either may work. Jeans, untucked shirt...sure either will work. In fact I still pull that off with either given the "right" attire. But, if you wear something a little lighter in material (pants) and you are talking front pants pocket, has to be in the P3AT or the many copycats,Ruger LCP, Taurus whatever. My 2 centivos.

Thank you for your input. I have owned an LCP in the past. It shot surprisingly accurate and I really liked the trigger (I know!, I am one of the few who actually liked the LCP's trigger :dunno:), I sold it because I couldn't get past the caliber. I know with proper shot placement caliber doesn't matter, however, I just feel more comfortable with a caliber with a little more punch.

Right now I have all the necessary funds saved up, and I have my choice narrowed down to the Kahr cm9 and S&W 642. I have handled them both in my local gun shot and I think for me they are both acceptable for pocket carry. I just need to make a final decision.

Mitchell0481

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 21, 2012
    Crown point
    I have the LCR and a LCP. both good to carry, but I would say the LCP is easier to carry. It is a 380, but is more of a "pocket" gun than the LCR. You can even get a clip to hold it in place like a pocket knife. Just my :twocents:

WestSider

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Apr 16, 2008
    Putnam County
    Most of what is listed in this poll is too big for pocket carry IMO. My pocket carry choice is the Ruger LCP. The LCR can be pocket carried ok in cargo pants/shorts. The Shield, PPS, and XDs I would certainly eliminate as viable pocket carry options due to size and/or weight for me.

Top Bottom