Helmet Cam - Special Forces, Up Close and Personal (Afghanistan)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • GeneralCarver

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 31, 2010
    Northern Indiana
    Yeah, pretty intense. Notice how action happens near corners and door ways. Doorways are death and always nearly where death happens in a CQB encounter. That SF guy did a good job of slicing the pie on that doorway before he entered. He was able to off the bad guy inside. Too bad for the AA guy. Rest in peace. If your ever in a shooting and your moving about rooms (avoid it if you can) ALWAYS ALWAYS slice the pie back and forth and get as much search on the room as you can before you enter, then enter and immediately look at areas you didn't clear.

Another thing I will point out is ammo and the importance of having enough of it, having a high capacity mag for your weapon and training to reload in lows in the fight. I was counting the shots that guy did and it was right about 20. So he had about 10 left (I'm assuming he had a 30 round mag). And there probably wasn't any more than 2 enemies in that building. Notice how he suppressed around that corner initially before he assaulted the final room. 2 people guys. That's something you might experience in a home invasion against 2 or 3 motivated people that decide to kill you. Don't underestimate the importance of having spare ammo with your defense weapons you keep at home. You might be the unlucky citizen to get in a bit of a firefight with two or three home invaders who decide to have it out with you. It can happen. Better to have and not need, than need and not have. If you keeping one handgun with one magazine for it at home, you are really limiting your options. Better keep spare ammo and have it easily accessible when you arm yourself.

Also, medical supplies? Do you keep a small medic kit at home with your defensive arm? You should. You might have to plug a hole or two in yourself before the ambulance and police arrive.

Last edited:

mrdryoung

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    Not a bad video. I was really impressed with the ANA entering into a hostile environment. I am assuming that they were Afghan Commando's. As far as enough ammo, that little skirmish won't even make a dent in what he was carrying.

GeneralCarver

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 31, 2010
    Northern Indiana
    Not a bad video. I was really impressed with the ANA entering into a hostile environment. I am assuming that they were Afghan Commando's. As far as enough ammo, that little skirmish won't even make a dent in what he was carrying.

I was speaking about you and I. Home defense scenario. If you get into it with 2 or 3 people, a 30 round mag can quickly disappear. Most people just keep the gun and what ammo it has in it. Always carry more or have it accessible. You want to avoid having to reload in a fight and God forbid you go to engage someone and you run out and have to reload, you might get shot before you realize your weapon is empty. 20 mags on your chest doesn't do you any good if your rifle is dry and you get plugged while pulling on an empty trigger. Follow me? I'm not knocking this guy. He's the pro and did it all great. What I'm saying is that.. there were at tops like 3 people in that building who were hostile. He expent 2/3 of his magazine. 3 people! My friend had a group of 5 guys confront them at his home and begin lining him up for a home invasion. Lucky the police got there before it got violent. If your just sitting on one gun with 30 shots in it and multiple people commit to attacking you at once, you might find yourself with an empty weapon. Believe it or not, suppressive fire can sometimes be used and can occur in domestic situations, but if you don't have the ammo to do it, your out of luck.

mrdryoung

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    I was speaking about you and I. Home defense scenario.

Yea I know. I was just commenting on his scenario. Sorry about that. I was in Afghanistan last year and was just happy to see the ANA progressing.

I totally agree that you need to be able to cycle magazines quickly and to know what you currently have in the weapon. One of the worst things you could do would be to expend all ammo and expose yourself in the process.

.452browning

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    :dunno: Why did AA guy turn and run ?

I wonder if his weapon malfunctioned after it was shot ?

it looked like the first AA guy rifle was hit, when he turned and ran out he was shot by the description....RIP AA soldier, i cant help but ask however where was the 3rd AA soldier i saw on the video and why didnt he enter the room with the SF soldier? our soldier went in alone. while the AA took flight, the US SF soldier chose fight

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Oh so true combat45acp because the keyboard commandos and the brass attys have all the time in the world to review the actions without fear of death whilr our boys and girls only have seconds to review the situation and act and not get killed. Bless them!

in625shooter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    I was speaking about you and I. Home defense scenario. If you get into it with 2 or 3 people, a 30 round mag can quickly disappear. Most people just keep the gun and what ammo it has in it. Always carry more or have it accessible. You want to avoid having to reload in a fight and God forbid you go to engage someone and you run out and have to reload, you might get shot before you realize your weapon is empty. 20 mags on your chest doesn't do you any good if your rifle is dry and you get plugged while pulling on an empty trigger. Follow me? I'm not knocking this guy. He's the pro and did it all great. What I'm saying is that.. there were at tops like 3 people in that building who were hostile. He expent 2/3 of his magazine. 3 people! My friend had a group of 5 guys confront them at his home and begin lining him up for a home invasion. Lucky the police got there before it got violent. If your just sitting on one gun with 30 shots in it and multiple people commit to attacking you at once, you might find yourself with an empty weapon. Believe it or not, suppressive fire can sometimes be used and can occur in domestic situations, but if you don't have the ammo to do it, your out of luck.

While you need enough ammo for any situation. There is a big difference between suppressive fire in a war zone/fire fight and a home defense situation here in the USA. Do you want all those rounds flying down your street? I wouldn't want to answer that civil suit. Also a consideration, do you really want to try to justify in civil court (which the dirt bags family will sue you) why they had 15 hols in them? On a home defense/invasion situation once the shooting starts from your end the BG usually get out of dodge. They want the upper hand and catch you when you don't expect it. You don't normally see them "stack up" at your door way.

Big Big difference from military operations and home defense/persponal protection here.

God Bless our military :patriot:

Top Bottom