• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    By the time I get 50 post, the gun will be sold or the seller out of the notion.

Sorry, don't mean to be so negative, I just can't understand this setup.

You have to have 50 posts to PARTICIPATE in the Classifieds, not to post an ad. The Classifieds are not for you, they're for the contributing members of the site. If you need a detailed explanation, please READ THE INGO FAQ, as has already been suggested by several other people.

Boonl1776

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2013
    Indy
    Welcome aboard. You need to donate $20 or make 50 legitimate posts .... and rest assured, the site minders will watch you like a hawk and delete all your illegitimate posts that say theings like "Great" or "Wow". I tried it. I think many or most of us did. IMO, its not a bad thing. get used to the site, enjoy it, understand it, earn your ranking then have at it! Best regards.

Chainsaw

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2013
    To paraphrase a well-respected INGO member, we can explain it to you but we can't understand it for you.

Let us contact the mods for you, to see why they haven't added the "exceptions for Chainsaw" section of the forum rules.

And welcome to INGO. Join in some conversations, get to 50, and buy/sell to your heart's content. You had to know you'd catch some flack on this. Just roll with the punches and move on from here.

Thank you, I am sure this was just an oversite. :):

This is an awesome community don't be a buy and disappear vulture... let us assimilate you into our borg...

All your ammo are belong to us

:):

Chainsaw

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2013
    Thanks to those who replied and tried to help, I do appreciate it. Sorry for the negative posts earlier, I just could not understand or believe how it worked here. (a little on edge as I just missed one earlier today by about twenty minutes)

Most boards like new users, and entice them to stay and participate, speaking as a new user that certainly doesn’t seem to be the case here. Yes, many have posting requirements to get some “goodies”, but I have never seen one that is so restrictive. These restrictions hurt not only the new user, but the existing users also, as I could have likely made a deal with uberpeck. In any case, the rules are the rules and it is not my desire to break or bend them. This board seems a bit too controlling to me, kind of like the government right now. So I guess I will have to continue searching for a Glock 26 Gen4.

Thank you,
    Dave

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Thanks to those who replied and tried to help, I do appreciate it. Sorry for the negative posts earlier, I just could not understand or believe how it worked here. (a little on edge as I just missed one earlier today by about twenty minutes)

Most boards like new users, and entice them to stay and participate, speaking as a new user that certainly doesn’t seem to be the case here. Yes, many have posting requirements to get some “goodies”, but I have never seen one that is so restrictive. These restrictions hurt not only the new user, but the existing users also, as I could have likely made a deal with uberpeck. In any case, the rules are the rules and it is not my desire to break or bend them. This board seems a bit too controlling to me, kind of like the government right now. So I guess I will have to continue searching for a Glock 26 Gen4.

Thank you,
    Dave

We want members that contribute.
    Ya, we're just like the government.
    There's always another deal, another gun.

SaintsNSinners

Shooter
    Rating - 94.1%
    16   1   0
    Mar 3, 2012
    At Work in Indy
    And this is why we have the 50 post rule... Im all for repealing it.... and then we can up it to 500 posts required and call it the Chainsaw Amendment...

Its always funny that the people who complain about the 50 posts almost always end up the ones abusing it.

50 posts really isnt that hard. Hit the search button type in something you are interested in and off you go. If you find a thread you are really passionate about you can probably do 50 posts in 30 minutes if its an active thread no necroposting...

I will not sell anything I have to anyone with less than 100 posts from now on... Im sick of this.

Assimilate or go buy on armslist or something....

pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed

TD12

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Afghanistan when I can.
    HAHAHAHA! This website is controlling like the government! Oh that is classy, comparing an elected body of officials who vote and make rules to a website that has 1 rule for usage of the classifieds? Where do you get your matierial?

Seriously though, welcome to the forum. It really isn't hard to be a a contributing member to a group that agrees with, too an extent, your rights to carry and own firearms. Or you can take the easy route, donate 20 bucks. It really isn't that much money and it also keeps that government-like being you so dispise functioning.

Bapak2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 17, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Chainsaw, you will also need to develop a thick skin to hang around here. Many of us are first class, rubbish talking jerks. :blahblah: Push the right button and folks will attack like union workers on scabs. :bash: You have received a mild introduction to that joyous :ingo: pastime of flaming the :n00b: and practicing new one-liner put downs. Just ignore it. Most of us are sane, responsible, witty, and brilliant. :D

We have :rules:. Many of them will make you :ugh: and others will make you :puke:. No one will have any sympathy for you.:nopity: You will be told you are :horse:. You will become a source of endless humor :rofl: Over time you will make some some new :buddies:. You will score some great deals on :shoot: and :biggun: and eventual you will :koolaid: and realize you just need to take a :chillpill:, let the :evilangel: jerks :flamethrower:, let the mods :whip:, and have a cuppa :coffee:.

So don't :wallbash: or :lala: or become a :drama:. Just listen to the :oldwise: who is off again another :ranton:. Rather than :tantrum: or :runaway: or :crying:, just :laugh::laugh::laugh: and :banana::banana::banana:, Welcome to INGO!

Last edited:

HandK

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Way Up North!!
    flamesuit.jpg

And welcome to INGO. :D

Seabass

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 14, 2013
    NE Indiana
    Chainsaw, I just went through the same thing yesterday. I went further and became a site supporter. Unfortunately, it took a little over 14 hours for the site admin to upgrade my status. After approx 10ish hours I decided to try and work the system, so I set about greeting all the noobs in the intro-section. I got my count up to 26.... then the IU/Syracuse game started. Approx 7 min into the game I was on my 3rd Robert the Bruce Scottish Ale. Just when I thought things couldn't get any worse...... GLORY BE there's an email from admin informing me I "should be good to go." To quote Phil i was Happy Happy Happy!

The gun sold 2 hours before I got the clearance, Clarence.

I was fuming. My condition was further exacerbated by IU getting their asses kicked AND me getting my ass kicked by 2 six packs of Robert the Bruce Scottish Ale. So I fire up ye ol iPad ready to unleash a scathing bit of prose intending to both belittle and humiliate the admin.... In my altered state what actually came out was something like this... Waaaaah waaaaah waaaah, you suck, and your rules are stupid. Not my best showing... The response I got from admin was equally petty. It stated basically, If you don't like the way we play we'll refund your $15 and you can go away.

In the light of morning, as I sit here with more than a small hangover, I pondered asking for my refund. Then I realized I would only be hurting myself. While I too thought the post count rule was a bit silly. I have come realize there is a fantastic community of people here and I'd like to be a part of it.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    I went further and became a site supporter. Unfortunately, it took a little over 14 hours for the site admin to upgrade my status.

You didn't follow instructions. The delay was your own fault. You would have been ready to go in minutes.

https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo..._but_still_cant_get_into_the_classifieds.html

You also missed the giant red letters on the Contact Us form that reads:

PLEASE DO NOT USE THIS FOR FORUM SUPPORT QUESTIONS. SUPPORT QUESTIONS MUST BE POSTED IN THE SUPPORT FORUM. SERIOUSLY. SUPPORT QUESTIONS SUBMITTED HERE WILL BE IGNORED OR LAUGHED AT. PROBABLY BOTH.

Honestly, for the amount of complaining that people do about INGO and its staff, it takes a bare minimum of work to read instructions. We can present all of the information, but we can't get people to read it.

Last edited:

Brandon

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 28, 2010
    SE Indy
    Honestly, for the amount of complaining that people do about INGO and its staff, it takes a bare minimum of work to read instructions. We can present all of the information, but we can't get people to read it.

Is there or is there a way to put a small test on the create an account page?
    Something like how many posts for PM abilities and how many quality posts for the classifieds and do you like bacon?

Seabass

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 14, 2013
    NE Indiana
    You didn't follow instructions. The delay was your own fault. You would have been ready to go in minutes.

Lol, 3 hours later I requested assistance. And it still took 11 more hours.

Or did you mean, after I became a paying customer and i was still denied the access promised, I went about requesting assistance in an improper manner?

Also, being the "it's on the website, L2R" e-thug doesn't make you right. As a matter fact, the very existence of a thread about PAYING CUSTOMERS BEING DENIED THE VERY ACCESS THEY PAID FOR is proof in and of itself that the process handling Site Supporters flawed and needs to be changed.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom