• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Chainsaw

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2013
    EVERY time I try to post, everywhere it will not let me, WTF?

I tried to contact uberpeck about a Glock 26, but can not figure out how to get this done.

Try to follow the rules, but can't figure out how to do it right. It seems like such a simple task, and I have done similar on many other boards. I just don't understand how you are supposed to use this board?

Dave

:(:(:(:(:(

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    :welcome: from Mitchell!

In those FAQ's mentioned above Chainsaw, you'll find there is a 50 post prerequisite before you're allowed to participate in the classifieds. There's a minimum post limit on sending PM's too, but I'm not sure what that is.

Chainsaw

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2013
    Thank you.

Ok, but I am not trying to post something for sale, just contact someone who has something for sale. I can completely understand that you have to have a little history before posting something for sale, but not to contact the person that posted to ad. How is something to be sold, if the buyers (like me, new to the site, with cash in hand) can not contact, even by email or PM, the seller? It would seem this would be hurting the seller most of all?

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Thank you.

Ok, but I am not trying to post something for sale, just contact someone who has something for sale. I can completely understand that you have to have a little history before posting something for sale, but not to contact the person that posted to ad. How is something to be sold, if the buyers (like me, new to the site, with cash in hand) can not contact, even by email or PM, the seller? It would seem this would be hurting the seller most of all?

You gotta understand the folks that set up this forum envision it being a community of gun enthusists with a side-benefit perk of a classifieds section. Most people will want to know you a little bit better anyway before doing business with you. Post up and get to know us better and vice-versa.

Chainsaw

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2013
    By the time I get 50 post, the gun will be sold or the seller out of the notion.

Sorry, don't mean to be so negative, I just can't understand this setup.

SSGSAD

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    Town of 900 miles
    By the time I get 50 post, the gun will be sold or the seller out of the notion.

Read post 11, at the top of page, you get the little Site Supporter, in your avatar, and access, to the classifieds..... :twocents: and

:welcome: to :ingo: from Greenfield .....

dans4420

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 22, 2012
    Northwest Indiana
    And it begins....... At first glance you just misread, can happen to any of us, but your second post trys to fix a nonexistent problem. I can hear the vultures circling now...

Best thing to do is tale the other advice that's been givin and jump in some conversations just make sire its not a bunch of one liners and you'll get 50 in no time.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell

There'll always be another gun for sale. As to understanding the setup: contribute to the site and it'll become clear to you.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

You have 3 posts already. As mentioned, this is not a buy and sell forum. Once you are "Vetted" then you can run amok with the rest of us and have some fun, or not.
    There will be more guns. If you joined just to get that gun then you are totally missing the point of "This set up"

Constructionist

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011

To paraphrase a well-respected INGO member, we can explain it to you but we can't understand it for you.

Let us contact the mods for you, to see why they haven't added the "exceptions for Chainsaw" section of the forum rules.

And welcome to INGO. Join in some conversations, get to 50, and buy/sell to your heart's content. You had to know you'd catch some flack on this. Just roll with the punches and move on from here.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom