• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Hopefully.

As much as I would like to see that someone other than Trump or Cruz, I'd like to see the system work for the people, NOT the party. If Cruz or Trump has the support of most of the people that call themselves Republicans, then they should be the party's representative. The Cruz/Trump situation, has shown that the establishment isn't trusted. If they're denied the nomination, and a patsy fills the gap, then we will have our answer as to who the party is working for. Same with the Democrats, but I think that has already been proven.
    Honestly, what we need is a "rogue" candidate. One that plays by the establishment's rules, gets into office, and does right by the people. I'd love to see a president elected, and then drop out of his party.

Alamo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Texas
    Not exactly a surprise to anyone who has examined the issue.

Just the fact that Donald bloviated about it so much was a tip off it was nonsense.

... One that plays by the establishment's rules, gets into office, and does right by the people. I'd love to see a president elected, and then drop out of his party.

Ted Cruz is as close as you are going to come to that. He won't drop out of the party, but maybe he can do some house cleaning in the national party apparatus. Although Lord knows there is so much housecleaning to be done in the government itself.

Go Ted Go.

Super Bee

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 2, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    If Cruz or Trump has the support of most of the people that call themselves Republicans, then they should be the party's representative. The Cruz/Trump situation, has shown that the establishment isn't trusted. If they're denied the nomination, and a patsy fills the gap, then we will have our answer as to who the party is working for.

Agreed. I am far from a Trump supporter but if the guy gets to 1237 or close to it he deserves the nomination.

Last edited:

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Agreed. I am far from a Trump supporter but if the guy get to 1237 or close to it he deserves the nomination.

He'd better hope he either hits that 1237 before the convention or he figures out how to play the delegate game quickly. It's not looking great for either one right now.

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    As much as I would like to see that someone other than Trump or Cruz, I'd like to see the system work for the people, NOT the party. If Cruz or Trump has the support of most of the people that call themselves Republicans, then they should be the party's representative. The Cruz/Trump situation, has shown that the establishment isn't trusted.

Sir Kut the Consistent is consistently principled.......:ingo:

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    As much as I would like to see that someone other than Trump or Cruz, I'd like to see the system work for the people, NOT the party. If Cruz or Trump has the support of most of the people that call themselves Republicans, then they should be the party's representative. The Cruz/Trump situation, has shown that the establishment isn't trusted. If they're denied the nomination, and a patsy fills the gap, then we will have our answer as to who the party is working for. Same with the Democrats, but I think that has already been proven.
    Honestly, what we need is a "rogue" candidate. One that plays by the establishment's rules, gets into office, and does right by the people. I'd love to see a president elected, and then drop out of his party.

What makes you think Cruz isn't the latest candidate for patsy. Jeb! then Rubio and now Cruz were/are the establishment candidates (Cruz out of desperation)

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    What makes you think Cruz isn't the latest candidate for patsy. Jeb! then Rubio and now Cruz were/are the establishment candidates (Cruz out of desperation)

Just because the establishment may be willing to take Cruz over Trump, does not mean he is a establishment candidate. It could be that they are willing to hold their nose and vote for him just like I see people on this site saying they will hold their nose and vote for x if y is their opponent. Also do you see Cruz as being a patsy?

OutdoorDad

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 19, 2015
    Indianapolis
    Not exactly a surprise to anyone who has examined the issue.

But a little bit of a surprise that a New Jersey Judge ruled on it?
    Or did he?

And yes, despite the fact that Ted was born to Hispanish speaking people in a French/British hybrid country that we have frequently been at war with, he's good to go.

:stickpoke:

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Just because the establishment may be willing to take Cruz over Trump, does not mean he is a establishment candidate. It could be that they are willing to hold their nose and vote for him just like I see people on this site saying they will hold their nose and vote for x if y is their opponent. Also do you see Cruz as being a patsy?

Act 1 Scene 2: Yond Cruzius has a lean and hungry look.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    314bl1u.jpg

2sbvb49.jpg

That's what I love about our country. You can truly be anything you want to be!

:cool:

Top Bottom