Not open for further replies.

Perfect O'ryan

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 16, 2013
    United Kingdom
    Hi everyone

I am pleased to come across forums such as this one, full of like minded individuals. I myself are a strong supporter of Right to Bear And Keep Arms, seeing it being part of the principle of a fully grown, responsible adult having the right to spend ones hard earned money whatever he/she sees fit, as well as owning any property ones own personal use and interests; live and let live.

Unfortunately I have been bough up and currently reside in the U.K. (you guys should totally deport Piers Morgan) whose majority of the society deny such values, and are quite strictly anti-individualist, anti-liberty. I am hoping to migrate to U.S at some point.; true U.S. (Alaska, Florida, Virginia etc) in aims for pursuing my gun enthusiasm and personal happiness.

Once again, I look forward knowing some interesting people on this forum.

Roman

pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed
    Welcome to INGO! We have a small contingent of non-US members and all who have an interest in firearms are welcome here.

Last edited:

Giddaltti

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    Carmel, IN.
    Cheers to you Roman and welcome. Lots to learn here and don't cut yourself short we are all true America(N). Each state as individual as you are!

Perfect O'ryan

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 16, 2013
    United Kingdom
    Right then, welcome to INGO, chumley.

I must ask, as I am at sixes and sevens over this, but why are Florida, Virginia and Alaska, the "true US"???

Well, you see Kirk, I was not strictly excluding other states, but i was pointing out those 3 example states where gun laws are much better off with more rational, responsible minded majority of people , and not so called "liberal" states like California or Massachusetts (nothing personal to you folks from there, and I am sure there are lots of decent people who live there) where gun laws in some ways are in worse then certain European countries. And true U.S. I mean obviously with those states which more or less recognise right to bear and keep arms, which is one of the key, major principles of constitution, which in turn is based on principles of freedom; government serves the people, not vice versa.

Hope that answers it for other people with same question in mind

As for everyone; thank you so much for such a warm, welcome outburst.

cosermann

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 15, 2008
    Welcome!

One might also think of the right to keep and bear arms as being intimately connected with the right to life and self-defense of that life (which must assume access to the common means/tools of defense, i.e. arms, or it's meaningless).

But hey, the private property argument is in there too somewhere!

Perfect O'ryan

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 16, 2013
    United Kingdom
    Welcome to INGO.

and as others have asked why those states? Indiana is always at or near the top of the list of "free" states.

I included Alaska because you do not need a permit to even open carry or conceal carry; whether handgun, rifle or shotgun. It is also ranked as No 1 (or close to that anyway) in terms of gun friendlessness according to those articles:

Top 10 Gun-Friendly States in the U.S.

http://www.gunsandammo.com/2013/03/14/ga-ranks-the-best-states-for-gun-owners-in-2013/

Virginia, I also mentioned because after haven spoken to a few gun owners living there about their laws. Florida is quite relaxed too.

Perfect O'ryan

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 16, 2013
    United Kingdom
    (Indiana has more gun freedom than VA and FL, by the way...hehe)

-J-

I am not sure about that, because in Virginia one can lawfully possess a sawn-off/short barrel shotgun (permit required though), whereas in Indiana, it is completly forbidden to own sawn-offs, unless I am mistaken, well NRA says so anyway;

NRA-ILA | Indiana

And I know short barrel shotguns are not forbidden NFA weapons in virginia, it is possible to own, if you comply with Federal law.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom