• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Bear2517

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 15, 2013
    Merrillville IN
    Howdy, My name is Nick. A friend of mine joined this site several months ago, and till now, I had been procrastinating doing so as well. I've always been a fan of firearms but, the only weapon I've ever owned was my Kel-Tec P3AT. To date, it is the best birthday gift i've ever received, Gotta love the wife.

Since that time, the only firearm I possessed, was my government issued Glock 22. I am happy to report that I have finally be able to purchase my own Glock 22. Thing I always hear about Glock, is either you love it or hate it. I love it.

At that point my friend and I figure, why stop there? So as time progressed we have both now purchased two Mosin-Nagant 9130s. and due to the current climate on "assault weapons" we have purchased 2 AR-15 style weapons. I also was feeling a bit nostalgic from my days in the army, and have wanted one since.

We plan to go hunting for the first time ever. Heading up to Michigan later this year. I know many people frown on the idea of using a .223 round for deer hunting but, I have heard enough success stories to try it out. I am however having a difficult time finding specific ammo for it. I have my sights set on a box of "Federal Premium Vital-Shok Ammunition 223 Remington 60 Grain Nosler Partition Box of 20" but, every where i look is naturally out of stock. If anyone has any thoughts as to where I can find some, or some tips to help us out, I would certainly appreciate it.

Raitekk

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   1
    Mar 9, 2013
    Northwest Indiana
    Welcome to the forum, from Merrillville!

Here is a link to a NWI INGO general discussion thread.
    You might want to "subscribe" to it.
    If you jump to the end, you will find all the NWI INGOers chatting.
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/break_room/281411-nwi_ingo_general_post_part_5_a.html

Here is the link to the thread about the next Meet and Shoot.
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...son_4_sat_20_apr_2013_nwi_meet_and_shoot.html

And here is the link to the official INGO FAQ. This was very helpful when I first joined.
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...discussion/16185-ingunowners_faqs_sticky.html

Here is the link for the NWI INGO Group. This makes it easier for Jedi to send out updates.
    INGunOwners - Northwest Indiana

Spudgunr

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2013
    NWI - Porter County
    Howdy, My name is Nick. A friend of mine joined this site several months ago, and till now, I had been procrastinating doing so as well. I've always been a fan of firearms but, the only weapon I've ever owned was my Kel-Tec P3AT. To date, it is the best birthday gift i've ever received, Gotta love the wife.

Since that time, the only firearm I possessed, was my government issued Glock 22. I am happy to report that I have finally be able to purchase my own Glock 22. Thing I always hear about Glock, is either you love it or hate it. I love it.

At that point my friend and I figure, why stop there? So as time progressed we have both now purchased two Mosin-Nagant 9130s. and due to the current climate on "assault weapons" we have purchased 2 AR-15 style weapons. I also was feeling a bit nostalgic from my days in the army, and have wanted one since.

We plan to go hunting for the first time ever. Heading up to Michigan later this year. I know many people frown on the idea of using a .223 round for deer hunting but, I have heard enough success stories to try it out. I am however having a difficult time finding specific ammo for it. I have my sights set on a box of "Federal Premium Vital-Shok Ammunition 223 Remington 60 Grain Nosler Partition Box of 20" but, every where i look is naturally out of stock. If anyone has any thoughts as to where I can find some, or some tips to help us out, I would certainly appreciate it.

Welcome from Portage!

My dad was a HUGE fan of Nosler X bullets, great success. In fact, he killed two deer with one shot from a 223 X bullet (it was accidental, he saw a blood trail go on BOTH sides of a tree! The little deer raised its head as he shot and it hit the little one in the neck, expanded, then went into the chest of the mama). He said had he had his 30-06 he would have gone for both of them at the same time on purpose, but it worked out anyhow.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom