• Status
    Not open for further replies.

aronhubbard

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 2, 2012
    Greenfield, IN
    Hi, I'm Aron from Greenfield. My friend and work-mate "Mad Brew" said this is one of the best firearms forums on the internet, and that I had to join. I've lurked for a few days, and decided I agree and just had to join.

I'm recently getting back into gun ownership after about a decade of non-ownership. I have my LTCH, and last month added a .357 Ruger Security Six to my Springfield 5100 20ga, and that so far represents my collection. Over the course of this year, I'm wanting to add a 12ga (probably a Remington 870 or varient / copy of this, though my mind is not made up), and a rifle as well. Depending on funds, I might add a semi-automatic handgun to this year's list as well, but we'll see. After a trip to the gun show last month, I realized my education about firearms was out of date and not to great to begin with, and I'm hoping to learn a lot on this forum.

I'm pretty excited that the local gun shop (Highsmith) is moving to a bigger location and adding a range this summer. Even after being 10 years away, I was relieved to get some range time and find out I haven't suddenly become a terrible shot, although I was a tad rusty. I'd love to hear recommendations for gun shops / smiths / ranges for the east side, as I grew up south west and am not very familiar with the local shops, other than Highsmith.

I'm a divorced dad with a five year old son whom I'm beginning to teach firearms safety and respect to. I work in the IT field, formerly as a developer, and now as a manager. Management sucks. ;) I look forward to learning a lot with you all!

indyk

Master
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Nov 22, 2008
    Alpha site
    Welcome im right down the road from ya near German Church.
    You came to the right place might i suggest you spend countless hrs into the weee night utilizing INGOs search option, or not to find everything and anything within the context of firearms!

Buckle up!!:rockwoot::welcome::patriot::bacondance:

Ingo decal inbound!!

Last edited:

w_ADAM_d88

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Apr 10, 2009
    Greenfield
    Howdy Ho Good Neighbor! See ya around and send me a pm if you ever want to go shooting, I usually drive out to New Castle and shoot at Wilbur Wright.

aronhubbard

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 2, 2012
    Greenfield, IN
    Thanks for all the warm welcomes and PM'd invitations for shooting and such. I'd love to respond, but my post count is too low! Hahaha. I guess I'll have to beef up my stats and get back with you gents in a week or two. IndyK, if you want to send me something, you can mail it to me at work (forgive me if I do not give out my home address on the public internet!) ATTN: Aron, 2700 West Main Street, Greenfield, IN 46140. Thanks again everybody!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom