• Status
    Not open for further replies.

ngonerogwu

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 9, 2009
    Evansville
    Hey everyone, I'm from way down south in Evansville.

I'm just getting started with this stuff. I've had a few shotguns for trap/skeet, I just bought a pistol, and I'm really wanting to buy one of those scary evil ar15s :D. Also thinking hard about getting something class III, but dunno yet.

I got my papers turned in with the city police, so I can take my pistol to the range, so I'm excited about that. Anyways... Hello!

spasmo

ಠ_ಠ
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Welcome! Just so you are safe, most people recommend that you do not take your gun to the range until you have your LTCH. Now, someone else who has one could come by and pick you up and take you to the range. You can do some reading on here regarding the legality (most of us aren't lawyers though) of taking it to the range without a license. Also make sure you get it copied and laminated after you get it. There are many threads about this topic as well.

Bigum1969

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    SW Indiana
    :welcome: from another member down in Evansville!

How did the process go with your permit? The 2nd Ammendment Patriots battled the EPD to make sure they followed proper procedure when folks applied for a LTCH.

hawkhavn

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    SE Idaho
    ngonerogwu,

Welcome to the forum, I am usually in Evansville at the Appleseed shoots throughout the year. We have several more members from your neck of the woods.

May I suggest you look at a .22 rifle to start with, then upgrade to an AR. Lot cheaper to train on...or get both if you have the cash. Also, Red Brush usually has Class III matches monthly if you want to see what all of the excitement is about.

Hawkhavn

p.s. If you want to brush up your rifle marksmanship skills, consider coming out to an Appleseed shoot.

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    Welcome!

To reiterate what Spasmo has said, please keep in mind that just because you've turned in papers does NOT mean its legal for you to carry your gun, even to the range. That tiny piece of pink paper must accompany you everywhere your gun does. Its for this reason its also recommended to make several copies (do search the forum before you make copies, though, as it must be done correctly).

Stay safe!

ngonerogwu

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 9, 2009
    Evansville
    Welcome!

To reiterate what Spasmo has said, please keep in mind that just because you've turned in papers does NOT mean its legal for you to carry your gun, even to the range. That tiny piece of pink paper must accompany you everywhere your gun does. Its for this reason its also recommended to make several copies (do search the forum before you make copies, though, as it must be done correctly).

Stay safe!

Oh I know, don't worry :-)

I haven't shot it at all yet... just wish I could.

---

The process for the LTCH was very, very easy, none of that stuff I heard about happened. Just walked in, and picked up the paperwork, filled it out, brought back with a MO, and was done. They called me thursday (4 business days) to say it was ready.

I'd like to pick up a 10/22 as far as just plain .22, but already have a 410/22 over under.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom