Not open for further replies.

GLC3

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 23, 2024
    Shelbyville
    Hello! My name is George, I am 47 years old, and believe it or not, this is my very first Social Media / Forum Post…ever. I have accounts, Facebook, Reddit, etc., but I guess I never really felt compelled to post anything until now. I have been buying, selling, trading and collecting guns for many years, and am looking forward to maybe making a few new gun buddies here.

A little about myself. I am have been married for 20 years, and a father of four. We have one at IU, two in High School and our youngest in Middle School. My kids are my life, and I am very proud of each of them. I served eight years in the Indiana National Guard as a Helicopter Mechanic (67N), but chose to accept a position in Los Angeles, California shortly before my ETS and did not reenlist. My wife got pregnant a couple years later, and back home to Indiana we came. I have been with the same large Recycling company for 21 years (through 4 buyout's) and am currently back in operations as a Plant Manager thanks to the Pandemic a few years back. That’s probably way too much information, but it is my first ever post, right?

I very much enjoy collecting (especially the hunt), and tend to focus on Guitars, Watch’s, Bourbon, Knives and Guns. I am not really an avid hunter, and I don’t shoot competitively, but I do love to tinker on firearms (minor stuff - breakdowns, cleaning, upgrades, mods, etc,) and also love plinking around on the range or out in the woods.

I am mainly into pistols these days (easier to hide from my wife), but have a soft spot in my heart for lever action rifles. Glocks, Sigs and H&K’s are my main squeezes, but I am partial to my Glocks. I carried a G22 in service before moving to California, and grew very comfortable with it practicing on the range and through cert.’s, so I guess you can say I am a creature of habit and familiarity. Although I love me some 1911’s, I have always gravitated towards the Striker Fired pistols. Again, I blame that on my extensive time with the Glock.

After four kids, mine and my wife’s careers and school, and pretty much life in general, my collection isn’t what it used to be when I was young and dumb, but I am starting to find myself stopping at a lot more gun shops here lately. So I have a feeling the collection might start growing a little more. On a related note, do any of your wife’s or significant others still believe you can buy guns super cheap at garage sales? Mine cannot believe how lucky when it comes to watches, knives and guitars, but I am not sure how a $40 or $50 gun will go over?

Apologies once again for the long post. It did feel pretty good to get all that out though. If you made it this far, I appreciate you. I am looking forward to learning more from you all, and Appreciate you letting me be a part of your group.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Welcome from Lake Co. Very impressive intro post. You put a lot of work into it.

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    There is a running joke on these boards telling new people that, "We'd like to know a little bit about you for our files..."

You shot that down in a hurry!

Your introduction post is a breath of fresh air.
    We tend to get a lot of first posts like, "I went to the trouble of registering here and I still don't have any special privileges. What's up with that...?
    I might as well take my ball and go home".

Seriously, we get a bunch of those, so your first post was welcome indeed.
    Dive right in,

And welcome to Ingo from Lafayette

Last edited:

GLC3

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 23, 2024
    Shelbyville
    There is a running joke on these boards telling new people that, "We'd like to know a little bit about you for our files..."

You shot that down in a hurry!

Your introduction post is a breath of fresh air.
    We tend to get a lot of first posts like, "I went to the trouble of registering here and I still don't have any special privileges. What's up with that...?
    I might as well take my ball and go home".

Seriously, we get a bunch of those, so your first post was welcome indeed.
    Dive right in,

And welcome to Ingo from Lafayette
    Thank you, I appreciate it. I am pretty sure I gave enough information that by next week I will have 7 new lines of credit in India, 4 new cars in the US and 2 new mortgages in Bangladesh!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom