• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Santee

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 19, 2008
    "To prohibit a citizen from wearing or carrying a war arm . . . is an unwarranted restriction upon the constitutional right to keep and bear arms. If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of constitutional privilege." [Wilson v. State, 33 Ark. 557, at 560, 34 Am. Rep. 52, at 54 (1878)]

PinHead56, I believe you hit all ten, pardon the pun! No real need to rule on something so obvious. Well, not until the grabbers of liberty arose.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    I did qualify my response with IIRC though, so all is good. :thumbsup:

We'll tell that to the mortician when he's looking for your body and you're still off gallivanting about for two more days. Undead, they'll call you! Zombie!

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    "To prohibit a citizen from wearing or carrying a war arm . . . is an unwarranted restriction upon the constitutional right to keep and bear arms. If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of constitutional privilege." [Wilson v. State, 33 Ark. 557, at 560, 34 Am. Rep. 52, at 54 (1878)]

PinHead56, I believe you hit all ten, pardon the pun! No real need to rule on something so obvious. Well, not until the grabbers of liberty arose.

LOVE this!! Copied to my quote file! Thank you!!! :+1:

Blessings,
    B

hoosiertriangle

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 17, 2008
    Avon, IN
    Below is a blog on what the Heller opinion might look like if written by Justice Scalia, one of the courts more conservative Justices. There is a good deal of legalese in the article, but it is interesting to see how it might look.

Concurring Opinions

NateIU10

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 19, 2008
    Maryland
    I'm at my sister's up in Baltimore right now (weaponless I may add) and am going to have to wake up early (10:00am) to be glued to the net/TV :thumbsup:

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom