• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • warhawk77

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jun 7, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    My wife is not against CC but when we go out she tells me don't carry into _____ store or we are going to _____ so don't carry.

Getting ready for church this morning my daughter asked if we could pick up her friend so he can ride with us. We agree and my wife tells me "You will be packing today because that punk is going to be with us". We have not meet this kid yet so not sure where the "punk" idea came from other than he is a teen boy :):

Today started off good and it will be a good day.

Anyone else got one?

possum_128

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Martinsville area
    Well my wife expects me to carry everywhere as knows I would anyway. In fact, she carries anytime she goes out. She has never requested that I don,t carry, ever.

Bad things can happen to good people anywhere at any time, so carry everywhere where it's legal.

mrortega

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jul 9, 2008
    Just west of Evansville
    My wife is not against CC but when we go out she tells me don't carry into _____ store or we are going to _____ so don't carry.

Getting ready for church this morning my daughter asked if we could pick up her friend so he can ride with us. We agree and my wife tells me "You will be packing today because that punk is going to be with us". We have not meet this kid yet so not sure where the "punk" idea came from other than he is a teen boy :):

Today started off good and it will be a good day.

Anyone else got one?
    ROFL. Does she expect you to turn around and blast him if the conversation starts dragging?:n00b::laugh:

bigiron

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 25, 2009
    NWI hiding in the bushes
    maybe its time for the "this is my daughter and i will do anything, at all costs to protect her" talk with her friend. this talk always packs a bit more punch when the subject knows Mr. Smith and Mr. Wesson(or whom every you prefer) are standing behind you.

singlesix

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, In
    Hate to throw cold water, but if the girl is willing than nothing the "dad" says is going to stop the boy. Think back to when you were a teenager.

Stschil

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2010
    At the edge of sanit
    maybe its time for the "this is my daughter and i will do anything, at all costs to protect her" talk with her friend. this talk always packs a bit more punch when the subject knows Mr. Smith and Mr. Wesson(or whom every you prefer) are standing behind you.

Or you could be like Bill Engval and say 'My daughter is my life, ya know? I just want you to know that I have No Problem Going Back To Prison If Something Should Happen To Her'.

Or like the song says, "See ya when ya get back, probably be up all night, still cleanin' this gun".
    :laugh:

TTravis

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 13, 2011
    Plainfield / Mooresville
    I've got two daughters and the boyfriends are plentiful. I suggest you take the two of them shooting or maybe hunting. He will gain a whole new respect for you. I've always gotten along with my daughters boyfriends because I treat them well. Now I am getting requests that I take them hunting again this year!

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    I've got two daughters and the boyfriends are plentiful. I suggest you take the two of them shooting or maybe hunting. He will gain a whole new respect for you. I've always gotten along with my daughters boyfriends because I treat them well. Now I am getting requests that I take them hunting again this year!

You don't want them dating her to gain access to you though :)

Lead Head

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2011
    Northeast Indiana
    "wife" and "gun" should never be in the same sentence. Either carry or don't but don't let an "emotional mass of inconsistency" tell you not to carry to protect your family. If anything, protect yourself and listen to your own voice.

If American men become any more afflicted by feminism, it may become too late to save the future. Arggghhh !

btw: This is not targeted at any one person but is intended for everyone.

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    No daughters, but I have a son that truly appreciates what a firearm can do :) got him prepared for ya, least I could do.

warhawk77

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jun 7, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    I have been with my wife for 18 years and married for 12 years so yes I listen to what my wife says. We don't give orders to each other but if we firmly believe in something we respect each others wishes. The final choice is the "Mans" to make as the leader of the house. A wife CHOICES to submit to her husband, and if you don't love/show respect to her you don't have a right to lead her. Sorry I was unclear on that with my first post

Yesterday we went to the Air national guard kids day and yes she said not to carry but I had no intention to CC or OC on a military base. Maybe it was legal but don't need the hassle. Other times she will put her hand on my lower back to check if I'm CC at the restaurant or where ever we are.

I have only had my license for 4-5 weeks and she has to get use to seeing me carry and she is getting much better. My wife is even talking that she would like to get one so she can carry also but is nerves that her temper cause her to shoot someone.

I know full well what I did as a teen so I'm not fooled for a min about teenage boys. I have talked with my daughter about it and I pretty sure I will do so again today. I have been teaching my boys how you are to treat a lady so maybe save some other dad a bit of worry.

If he becomes a regular I will ofter to take him to the range or something that is a good starting place.

TheCapulet

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 2, 2010
    Rural Fairmount
    At first, the girl I've been dating for a total of 4 months now was uncomfortable with me carrying, specially when I OC'd. Now she's uncomfortable when I don't carry. If only every girl was that quick to come around.

Concerned Citizen

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 1, 2010
    Brownsburg
    Friday I had some sales meetings on the North side, My wife sees me packing my FN-P9 in my Crossbreed for CC, and says "Oh, you're going up to the 'scary-north-side', so you have to carry?" And of course I said "I'm walking out the front door, so I have to carry."

Saturday, we're going to a Halloween party about 3 miles from the house, same routine; she says "We're just going to a party, surely you don't need to carry there?" My response; "ARE YOU KIDDING ME? Yes I'm going to carry, but it will be concealed & no one will ever know it."

I've been married 19 years, and had a LTCH before we started dating, and she still comments occasionally. On the rare occasion she persists, all I have to say is "You know how many evil people there are in this world, and I am not going to let either one of us be a victim to their senseless violence." At that point she knows she's not going to change my mind.

matt4shadow

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 10, 2009
    Hobart
    My wife doesn't like OCing in front of her family, but admits that she prefers it when I do carry everywhere we go. I tell her it the seatbelts and helmets for the whole family. She has come a long way.

Pami

INGO Mom
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Next to Lars
    "wife" and "gun" should never be in the same sentence. Either carry or don't but don't let an "emotional mass of inconsistency" tell you not to carry to protect your family. If anything, protect yourself and listen to your own voice.

If American men become any more afflicted by feminism, it may become too late to save the future. Arggghhh !

btw: This is not targeted at any one person but is intended for everyone.
    IS intended for everyone, but be very careful how many people you cross out there.

This emotional mass of inconsistency is a wife.
    This wife owns a gun and enjoys shooting it.
    "wife" and "gun" in the same sentence.
    I think you'll find I'm not THAT unique.

IndianaSigma

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2011
    Huntington, IN
    I'm guessing you won't call your wife an "emotional mass of inconsistency" to her face....I know I wouldn't. Matter of fact, don't call her anything with the word "mass" in it....haha.

I see what you are saying though. YOU need to make the decision to carry to protect your family or not carry. Outside opinions should not sway your decision. If your wife chooses not to carry, then she doesn't have to.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    jojo99
    Top Bottom