• Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    and I hope this one is true!

A friend told me he overheard conversation in a local gun shop that said Flat Creek Range, in Lafayette, has been bought, and will be re-opening!

I'll run by there in the next day or two and see if I can ascertain any more info. :popcorn:

WabashMX5

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2009
    Brownsburg
    The only way that news could get better is if by some miracle, they'd honor the balance of my membership!

Keep us posted on what you hear! I'd +1 you for getting the scoop, but I've gotta spread more reps around elsewhere first....

ezdubbin97

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2009
    Lafayette
    The only way that news could get better is if by some miracle, they'd honor the balance of my membership!

As much as it would suck for the new owner to allow people in to shoot for "free", he/she really would need to in order to keep the customer base happy...but I think we already discussed that the other day.

Keep us all posted, though it is a more expensive option, I'd be glad to see it open again for occasional use (as well as tagging along with members).

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    I went by there today. Unfortunately there is nothing new.

For sale sign is still in the yard. Two notices on the door. One with contact numbers for Walt and Sally.

The other, a contact number for the court ordered receiver.

I bought a membership in there the first year they were open but did not think I utilized the facilities enough to justify a second year.
    I DID like the place, but i do remember once or twice i went in, with only one or two people inside the range, and the smoke was MUCH thicker than I would have thought or preferred.

If it does re-open, I'll most likely patronize it again. At least to "try out" the new owners.

I will update this post if I find/hear anything new.

iamaclone45

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 2, 2009
    Indiana
    Mgderf,

Thanks for keeping us Tippecanoe area folks up to date on Flat Creek. Luckily I never purchased the yearly membership, but I did enjoy shooting indoors occasionally.

Hopefully, someone will purchase the facilities and open the range again.

Nalees, as for ranges there is the Jasper-Pulaski Co range outdoors up north. There is the Linden Conservation Club to the south. I've shot at "Bullseyes" in Kokomo (indoor range). There are a few others also but these are the ones I've either shot at or researched the most.

KokomoDave

Enigma Suspect
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    77   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Kokomo
    I can't give details but the receivership of Flat Creek was purchased.No,they CAN'T honor the old memberships as they are COMPLETELY new owners.

Walt scammed everyone the last 6 months as he knew that he was being foreclosed on and still sold memberships.Just look at when the proceedings first hit the Lafayette Journal and Courier.This is NOT hearsay but FACT.I dare anyone to prove me wrong!:popcorn:

Anyhoo,as strongly as I feel about the subject,you will be pleasantly surprised who the new owners are and their commitment to this community,the range and to enhancing the Second Amendment to all Hoosiers.I applaud them for partaking of this endeavor.:bacondance:

gunner4564

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 10, 2009
    wow very interesting. I am wondering who it could be...Basham's, lol, they own everything else out there. Please keep us posted as I am very interested in the new ownership.

WabashMX5

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2009
    Brownsburg
    Good news! Glad someone has pockets deep enough. (I got curious and saw that the building/land are assessed at over $400K, with nearly $10K of annual property taxes -- not exactly chump change, there....)

Thanks for the update, and keep us posted once the news is official....

Top Bottom