• Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • What do you believe is the biggest factor in poor health?

• Food intake

Votes: 48 52.7%
    • Water pollution

Votes: 0 0.0%
    • Environment (excluding food, water, meds, or illegal drugs)

Votes: 4 4.4%
    • Genetics

Votes: 12 13.2%
    • I don't really know

Votes: 0 0.0%
    • Inactivity

Votes: 23 25.3%
    • just bacon

Votes: 4 4.4%

• Total voters
    • Poll closed .

pablanu3

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 5, 2023
    Bedford
    No offense, but that's a strange second post for a newbie on a gun discussion board.

*** Guys, I think he's going to ask us to join a cult or try to trick us into buying three lifetime supplies of some kind of snake-oil vitamin supplement powder. ***
    Haha you guys are fun! But yeah, this is why I thought I'd test the waters, before I share any personal experiences. No reason to discuss something that no one wants to touch. Skepticism is healthy, if it increases objectivity.
    I'd love to post questions just to get people thinking critically and objectively about their health, but if it turns into a crap show rather than a civil discussion, then I won't bother. Maybe some things are still just too taboo to even speak openly about, even if it means the difference between diabetes and a healthy, independent life, for example.

Basher

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    May 3, 2022
    Lafayette
    Haha you guys are fun! But yeah, this is why I thought I'd test the waters, before I share any personal experiences. No reason to discuss something that no one wants to touch. Skepticism is healthy, if it increases objectivity.
    I'd love to post questions just to get people thinking critically and objectively about their health, but if it turns into a crap show rather than a civil discussion, then I won't bother. Maybe some things are still just too taboo to even speak openly about, even if it means the difference between diabetes and a healthy, independent life, for example.

I don’t think that’s a bad topic to discuss at all. People here are just a little leery of a new member who’s joined up a day ago and it seems like they’re winding up for a sales pitch rather than to be a long-term member of a firearms community.

If you can pull off both and have thick skin, I see no reason why you can’t fit in here. :)

As for the poll? The weight loss battle is won or lost in the kitchen. Exercise is an important element of proper health (something I need to make significant improvement in myself), but you can’t work out enough to make up for a horrible diet. If you’re eating 5,000 calories a day, you’d be hard pressed to exercise enough to keep health in balance. So I voted food, but inactivity goes hand-in-hand.

pitbulld45

Follower of I AM
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Dec 27, 2012
    Terre Haute
    at least discuss guns somewhere too, it is a gun forum after all.

Also check out the existing topics, there is a weight loss discussion going on that you may be able to add to as well (not saying you cant start your own topic though)

ZurokSlayer7X9

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 12, 2023
    NWI
    I think it would be difficult to identify only one cause. In the states, heart disease and failure is one of the leading causes of death, which would point to food intake and inactivity, but I think many other factors contribute to it as well. To be honest, I think having a negative outlook on life would be one of the leading causes, and there are many reasons as to why one would have a negative outlook in society today. This usually leads to self destructive practices as well as having a general sense of apathy and frivolity. Why is the fentanyl crisis so big? My guess is either people with pain, and/or people who don't care about the future, they want to escape now.

It's all cause and effect. I've seen mentions of bacon, but being serious I doubt bacon contributes to bad health as much as the cheap fillers and preservatives that are put into almost all of our processed foods today. Pick up a bag of chips and look at the ingredients and it looks like a dang chemistry test sometimes. Pick up a can of corn only to see its made out of 'corm'. Okay, rant over.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    True, many people take meds so they can keep eating their bacon, sadly.
    Here we go

Thank you! Yes, I read them all and glad you have such things in place. I'm learning my way around, bit by bit. I appreciate the attention you all put into this work, I never knew there could be a place like this online that keeps bots and trolls out while having such active and friendly members and admins.
    giphy.gif

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    The correct answer is "lifestyle". And yes, it is a holistic answer, not a single element.
    Some friends from the nuclear industry have told me there has never been a nuclear accident caused by one thing. It is always a cascade of seemingly unrelated events that combine to create catastrophe. Same here, everything mentioned is an individual domino…

Top Bottom