• jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Got this little gem in my inbox today.

History, and health care reform, is in the making. The U.S. House is expected to vote this coming Saturday on H.R. 3962—the Affordable Health Care for America Act. The bill includes a public health insurance option, guarantees that employers pay their fare share and doesn't tax our benefits.
    Many of us have been fighting for real health care reform for our entire lives, and this vote is going to be very close. If you've never called or written your representative before, now is the time. If you've called or written before, we need you to do it again. Tell your representative the time for reform is now: Support H.R. 3962.
    Call your representative toll free today in Washington in support of House bill H.R. 3962: 1-877-235-2465.
    The House bill covers 96 percent of Americans, is entirely paid for, reduces the deficit and lets families keep the health care they have instead of facing cuts in benefits and higher costs.
    When you call, you will be joining tens of thousands of activists in a nationwide action for real health care reform. Together, we're going to barrage Congress with calls in support of health care reform that works for America's working families by:

• Including a strong public health insurance option to break the stranglehold of insurance companies and bring down costs
    • NOT taxing our health care plans.
    • Guaranteeing that employers pay their fair share.
    We've been fighting for years to ensure that everyone has access to quality, affordable health care. We are so close, but we're not there yet. The insurance companies and their lobbyists aren't even close to giving up.
    As a matter of fact, insurance companies are spending more money than ever on lobbying against reform. Just last quarter, the 13 largest insurers and the health insurance industry trade association spent more than $8 million lobbying Congress.
    Your representative needs to hear from you. Click here to send an Action Fax. Or call toll free at: 1-877-235-2465
    In solidarity,
    John Gage
    National President, AFGE

P.S. Faxed or written before? Please do it again. Winning health care reform is going to take a relentless effort by all of us. Call today. 1-877-235-2465

Send a letter to the following decision maker(s):
    Your Congressperson

Below is the sample letter:
    Subject: Please vote Yes on H.R. 3962
    Dear [decision maker name automatically inserted here],
    I am writing to urge you to vote for The Affordable Health Care for America Act (H.R. 3962).

Our health care system is broken. We need health care reform now. The Affordable Health Care for America Act (H.R. 3962) is an historic and responsible step forward in addressing the health care crisis facing working families. In particular, H.R 3962 contains a number of critical provisions:

-A public insurance option that will expand coverage to millions of Americans and control costs by forcing private insurance companies to compete.

-Progressive financing for health care reform with a small tax on millionaires, rather than taxing the health care benefits of working families.

-An employer mandate where companies are required to provide health insurance or pay into a fund to provide coverage.

Equally important, H.R. 3692 addresses key concerns that have been raised during the health care debate:

-H.R. 3962 will pay for itself a nd reduces the deficit.

-H.R. 3962 provides greater choice and competition and allows individuals to keep their current health insurance plan.

-H.R.3962 strengthens Medicare and eliminates waste and fraud.

-H.R. 3692 doesn't ask working families to pay more for what they already have in the form of increased taxes.

This is an absolutely critical moment in the struggle for health care reform. It is unlikely to come again for years to come. I am counting on you to seize the opportunity before us by supporting H.R. 3962. Thank you.

Sincerely,

I love the following:
    The House bill covers 96 percent of Americans, is entirely paid for, reduces the deficit and lets families keep the health care they have instead of facing cuts in benefits and higher costs.

1) Really it's fully paid for??
    2) Really it's going to reduce the deficit??

:faint:

StarKing

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 21, 2008
    Muncie
    Got this little gem in my inbox today.

I love the following:

:faint:

1) Yup.
    2) Yup on this one too.
    Anything's possible in a totalitarian oligarchy. :xmad:

WabashMX5

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2009
    Brownsburg
    3) Herds of unicorns will appear, to fart rainbows and :poop: daisies.
    4) Peace will guide the planets, and love will steer the stars

Fixed it for ya. (Honestly, how can anyone with half a brain, or the slightest glimmer of basic economics, believe this drivel?)

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Fixed it for ya. (Honestly, how can anyone with half a brain, or the slightest glimmer of basic economics, believe this drivel?)

Oh I think I can show you some 2,000+ people that believe that email. I have even been in the same room with some (3) that have spoken on this topic and believe that I6BO's health plan will fix everything! (This is at work where we all have health insurance already)

tenring

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 16, 2008
    Martinsville
    It's supposed to be about the "price" of health care, but unless you have taken the time to read over the entire bill, you cannot realize that it's just the tip of the iceberg. The DumocRATS are counting on the general public to be too lazy to read all the details. It's scary at best, there are so many things in it that refer to and "change" in the laws concerning Social Security that it is mind boggling. If one does not study the bill, then one is going to get what one deserves.

Top Bottom