• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    Just got off the phone with my hunting partner and he drew a KY bull elk archery tag. I can't believe it. I'll be behind the camera but I'm still so excited I might not be able to sleep tonight. I've never heard a bull elk bugle in real life. I've got a lot of running to do before then to get my cardio up to the task but it'll be worth it. Once in a lifetime opportunity for him and I get to tag along!!

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    Eastern KY as far as I know. I'm not that familiar with which parts of the state holds elk or where his tag allows him to hunt. He's going to read through the packet they sent him and get back with me tomorrow.

atvdave

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 23, 2012
    SW Indiana
    I was just going to say... That if you are close to Owensboro you must stop by Whittakers Guns shop... It's like a kid in a candy store. Good luck with your hunt.

Porter

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 24, 2014
    Putnam Co
    Look into Knott county when he fills out he preference areas Caney Lea has some monster bulls. I had a cow tag first weekend we went all we seen were bulls.

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.7%
    29   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    Two blade fixed head. Heavier arrow. Penetration is king. Speed not as crucial. Had a cow looking in my semi window after she swam the river one day down by Pineville on US25E.

Glad y'all are gonna pack it out and not me.

Good luck. Should be a cool hunt and cheaper'n driving to Idaho.

Cattman

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 18, 2013
    Franklin
    I've put in every year from the beginning of the hunt. Your buddy just hit the equivalent of a large lottery jackpot. Good Luck.

LoriW

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 13, 2012
    Fishers
    I put in for KY elk tags...didn't get drawn again this year but that's a mixed blessing. KY has a big enough elk herd that they're starting to supply seed animals to start herds in other states (thank you RMEF magazine for that tidbit). My dream hunt is the controlled elk hunt on the Wichita Mtn Wildlife Refugee in SW OK. I grew up right outside the refugee and got to see the elk and bison and TX longhorns all the time. KY would be a close 2nd

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    My partner has put in for the KY elk every year since they started the lottery, I want to say he said that was 2001 but I wouldn't swear to it. I've heard some folks say they expect the next world record bull elk to come from Pennsylvania but I know there are some really nice bulls in KY. Hoping I get to film some big boys.

LoriW

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 13, 2012
    Fishers
    My partner has put in for the KY elk every year since they started the lottery, I want to say he said that was 2001 but I wouldn't swear to it. I've heard some folks say they expect the next world record bull elk to come from Pennsylvania but I know there are some really nice bulls in KY. Hoping I get to film some big boys.

That'd be so awesome. OK elk is a preferred point system so I almost entered this year even though I'm nowhere near in shape for those mountains.

Top Bottom