"He wanted my gun, so I gave it to him." A case of lead poisoning.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    It could have been he misspoke. He may have meant to say he meant to save his (own) life.

Again could have been a misspeak, he may have meant he never fired a gun at someone before.

If not get that man some training. While everything worked out well this time, next time...

Based on the fact that he has a Michigan CPL, which requires a training course (that has a 3 hour/30 round range component) to get, I assume that he meant he had never fired a gun before taking his training course.

This is pretty common. In Illinois, when I took the course for my FCCL, there were several people in the class who had never fired a gun before. In my case, I had only fired a handgun ONCE almost 20 years earlier. All other previous training involved 22lr single shot and bolt action rifles.

Open carrying in MI does not require any permit. From what we see here, he may have been OCing.

I guess I was just pointing out what the news said. I know guys who buy a gun, load it and start carrying it without ever firing it.
    It is really splitting hairs as it doesn't matter. He stopped the threat. Job well done.

Top Bottom