• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jgreiner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 13, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    As raised a few times already, how do you pull the trigger on a pistol that's holstered? A holster would normally protect the trigger and prevent an inadvertent shot, even if the safety was accidently left off. Obviously something wrong with the way the article was written. I suspect the gun was not holstered, but just loose in his pocket.

What a dummy for fleeing the scene! If he had just stayed put, he would be in a lot less trouble and maybe even got to keep his permit. After fleeing, my bet he is no longer a proper person. :rolleyes:

Well, I saw a young guy at ACE with a weapon holstered in a IWB type. Problem was, he had his shirt tail stuck in the holster with the weapon.

that is a problem waiting to happen.

looney2ns

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2011
    Evansville, In
    I can't imagine it going off if it was in a holster. There are 2 safeties he would of had to disengage to fire the gun. Hate seeing this type of story. makes us all look bad.

Doesn't say he had it in a holster, just says he had it holstered in his pants.
    Mexican carry maybe?

hooky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 4, 2011
    Central Indiana
    Not a 1911. You can get a look at it in the video around the 0:30 mark. I don't know my Springfields, but I could see that it was one of the evil black models.

VikingWarlord

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 1, 2012
    Noblesville
    Well, I saw a young guy at ACE with a weapon holstered in a IWB type. Problem was, he had his shirt tail stuck in the holster with the weapon.

that is a problem waiting to happen.

Hope you told the guy. Probably didn't check himself after hitting the can. I'd imagine it's a lot like a woman getting her skirt tucked into her pantyhose.

Why run if all your guilty of is an accidental discharge?

My guess is being a black man with a gun in Texas.

ETA: It does look like an XD or XDm. Sounds like the reporter doesn't realize that it doesn't have a traditional thumb safety to leave off.

danimal

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2011
    Unincorporated Lake County
    If it was an XD/m, how was his grip safety being depressed feeling around for his wallet? (if it was still functional)

Open-handed pat-down of the pockets when you're looking for something, carrying or not.

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    I EDC something that's best described as a 1911, and I'm starting to leave the safety off. It has a grip safety that makes it *gosh* equivalent to an XD/XDM. It's in a leather/kydex IWB at my 8 and the worst thing fumbling will do is release the magazine. Some people are just unfit for some things, and his reaction just confirms it.

Top Bottom