• ...and so much more!
  • Double T

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   1
    Aug 5, 2011
    Huntington
    Pocket carry FTL.

This seems very fitting (although I would argue the other 2 are of equal importance):
    213safe_shooting.jpg

Fixer

Expert
    Rating - 96.4%
    26   1   1
    Nov 22, 2009
    Fort Wayne Area
    I can't imagine it going off if it was in a holster. There are 2 safeties he would of had to disengage to fire the gun. Hate seeing this type of story. makes us all look bad.

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 6, 2012
    Mishawaka
    Pocket carry FTL.

This seems very fitting (although I would argue the other 2 are of equal importance):
    213safe_shooting.jpg

not sure what safeties there are on his gun, but from what I read (could not watch the video due to firewalls at work) :

News Story said:
    semi-automatic pistol he had holstered inside his pants.

if he was funbling in his pocket, how could a holstered weapon arbitrarily go off ? Epic fail from a licensed gun owner.. Agreed that it makes us look bad.

Indy Wing Chun

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 27, 2011
    NE Side of Indy
    I can't imagine it going off if it was in a holster. There are 2 safeties he would of had to disengage to fire the gun. Hate seeing this type of story. makes us all look bad.

Great point. I mean, one of the "safeties" is a grip safety. Makes me think there's more to the story than just "fumbling" in his pocket. I'm not saying it was deliberate, but just VERY negligent firearm handling in all likelihood.

Edit: goinggreyfast is a faster typist as well.

BrandonHtwo0

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 14, 2012
    Portage, IN
    If it was an XD, there is a grip safety and a trigger safety. I find it odd that he could have had an AD with an XD. 1911 maybe???

I think it is unlikely to be a 1911. The article stated the pistol was a .40 cal, and to my knowledge the springfield line of 1911s are chambered in .45 acp. I could be wrong though.

Likely an XD or XDm. Either way, he makes us all look bad and ill be happy to see his carry revoked. Hopefully the kid wasnt too hurt. HuffPo likes to blow stuff like this wildly out of proportion. If that girl was standing in the right spot though.... This could have been far more tragic.

Excalibur

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   2   0
    May 11, 2012
    NWI
    Well the media has been known to be wrong about what kind of gun is in an incident. The article said "safety off". I think they do make .40 1911 style guns.

Also as most people should know. Get a damn holster. They aren't expensive. Raven is making a vanguard holster that's just a trigger guard so you can stuff a gun down your pants. Why are people so stupid and just stuff it down their pants with no holster?

Mark 1911

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Schererville, IN
    As raised a few times already, how do you pull the trigger on a pistol that's holstered? A holster would normally protect the trigger and prevent an inadvertent shot, even if the safety was accidently left off. Obviously something wrong with the way the article was written. I suspect the gun was not holstered, but just loose in his pocket.

What a dummy for fleeing the scene! If he had just stayed put, he would be in a lot less trouble and maybe even got to keep his permit. After fleeing, my bet he is no longer a proper person. :rolleyes:

TaunTaun

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2011
    I think this is a good reason behind OC. It makes sure the weapon is in a holster, therefore carried in a safe manner.

Top Bottom