• ...and so much more!
  • Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    It continues to amaze me that any time something is pointed out about Obama, the number of people that flood into the thread to starting yelling about Bush being just as bad or how it isn't any big deal. I guess they really do believe he is their Obamessiah.

John Galt

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 18, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    It's not the amount spent (actually, it is) on things like this, but the optics of it. We are averaging $1.3 TRILLION deficits each year for the last 4 years, we're over 100% debt-to-GDP, we're printing money as fast as the printers can run, the Fed is buying our debt and manipulating the stock market AND they have openly acknowledged that the printing is open ended. I could go on for days, but you get the point ...
    Anyone capable of rational thought, honestly and 7th grade math can see that this country is being intentionally manipulated/destroyed (our issues are far too great and there is too much historical proof for this to be attributed to ineptness) and this type of spending by the First Family just puts a face on their disregard for our obvious problems.

God Help America :patriot:

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    I like this logic, if everybody else did it it's okay. Obama could have been the better man and said no you can't take this vacation to France we have a little bit of a budget problem.

:rolleyes: You still don't get it do you? We have had over 60+ years of presidents doing this; generation after generation doing this and you expect out of the blue that the next president is going to stop and be the better man/women. :laugh:

I'm not saying it is right. But do you really expect O or any of the future presidents to stop. :n00b:

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    :rolleyes: You still don't get it do you? We have had over 60+ years of presidents doing this; generation after generation doing this and you expect out of the blue that the next president is going to stop and be the better man/women. :laugh:

I'm not saying it is right. But do you really expect O or any of the future presidents to stop. :n00b:

I think many of us "get it"; we just don't agree with you. Other Presidents have resisted the urge to spend "The People's Money" in various ways. Nancy Reagan bought new china place settings for the White House out of the Reagan's money, as did Jacqueline Kennedy before her. Bush43 took his vacations at his home in Texas and limited travel during holidays to allow his staff and Secret Service personnel time with their families.

Bill and Hillary Clinton, on the other hand, took White House furniture and memorabilia with them when they left office, and their staffers vandalized West Wing offices. The Obamas have been conspicuous in their consumption while the rest of the country has been in a deep recession for four years. They've behaved like royalty in every aspect of their term of office instead of behaving like "The Peoples'" Chief Executive and family. Not only do they resemble Jimmy Carter's first term, they also resemble Louis XVI and Marie Antoinette.

indyjoe

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 20, 2008
    Indy - South
    Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power.
    Abraham Lincoln

I look to a day when people will not be judged by the color of their skin, but by the content of their character.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom