• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CathyInBlue

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    DIGEST OF HB 1224 (Updated January 29, 2013 2:23 pm - DI 84)​

UCC fund transfer provisions. Provides that Indiana's Uniform Commercial Code provisions governing fund transfers apply to a fund transfer that is a remittance transfer for purposes of the federal Electronic Fund Transfer Act (federal act), unless the remittance transfer is also an electronic fund transfer for purposes of the federal act. Provides that if the federal act and Indiana's statute both apply to a fund transfer, the federal act governs to the extent of any inconsistency.
    :n00b: :dunno:

Tripp11

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Fishers, IN
    Some people have suggested that Magpul, and other major firearm accessory companies, would receive an exemption from the bill as the job loss is not something Colorado wants.

Other people feel like Magpul should just pack up their operations and move to a more friendly state.

Other folks feel like Colorado is getting exactly what they deserve since they elected a bunch of left leaning representatives just so they could legalize marijuana.

vedearduff

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 15, 2011
    Central Indiana
    From what I read on another forum (AR related), MagPul will relocate if the bill is signed into law. If I can find the thread, I'll post a link.

Edited to add:
    Found the link, it was a copy and paste of a post on the MagPul Facebook page. I don't do Facebook and I don't want to link to second hand information. The post was in the Industry section on AR15 dot com.

Last edited:

rbhargan

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 30, 2012
    Carmel/Liberty
    I expect that they are looking into relocation. Texas comes to mind - but I hope they would consider Indiana. :)

They certainly would not want to help support a state that directly threatens their business.

Light

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 9, 2012
    Near Fort Wayne
    54a20c4f268bb165781291fc65814d93.png

williamsburg

Master
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Nov 12, 2011
    Oaklandon
    I was told that Magpul was looking at facilities in the Tennessee/Alabama/Georgia area. I guess there are a number of suppliers in the area and some in the works to make the move to the area.

canav844

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 22, 2011
    And Magpul made more press coverage in the Denver post:
    Colorado ammo magazine maker Magpul threatens to leave state over gun bill - The Denver Post

Just appalled at some of the thought processes going on with those introducing these bills. We don't want you to sell it out our people but we want you to make money off the sales and keep that money here. Even without the gun issue attached (where I'll openly admit bias in favor of protection of natural rights), can they not see the logical epic double facepalm fail of their thought processes.

And Magpul's CEO is right, because part of the reason for not considering anything made by Springfield is the laws of MA, nor will you find any firearms in my collection made in IL, CA or NY.

Two-Tornadoes

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 31, 2012
    Where everybody knows my name
    From what I read on another forum (AR related), MagPul will relocate if the bill is signed into law. If I can find the thread, I'll post a link.

Edited to add:
    Found the link, it was a copy and paste of a post on the MagPul Facebook page. I don't do Facebook and I don't want to link to second hand information. The post was in the Industry section on AR15 dot com.

Magpul. Come to Indiana. The climate is great.:D

ghostdncr

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 14, 2013
    Louisville
    Taking money and jobs away from these idiots is one sure way to get their attention without bringing higher order thinking into play. Since they can't be reasoned with, they should simply be dealt with. MagPul moving to a gun-friendly state and taking the jobs and tax revenue with them would be a great move.

Tripp11

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Fishers, IN
    Colorado House 2013 Legislative Day 38 | Colorado Channel

Portions of this is being debated live currently.

I listened to the debate over HB1224 and the subsequent amendments for about 5 hours today, and the representatives in favor of the original bill and the amendments had to be the dumbest people on the planet.

One person in favor of the bill kept on referring to a "high rate of fire clip", like somehow the actual plastic magazine that has a spring it will now be able to fire a round all by itself.

Another person kept on saying that Magpul sells ammunition that kills children when Magpul doesn't even sell ammo.

The amendments being discussed were simply "Oops Amendments" where the original writes of HB1224 didn't think the damn thing far enough through to actually contemplate, "Gee, we might actually have a bunch of hardworking people who own companies in the state who manufacture these items we're trying to ban and these same companies might contribute $100M of tax dollars into our state budget".

Clueless people...

dugsagun

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    portage
    Heck indiana should lure them and more to move here. We are afterall "the crossroads of america" (good deals on shipping stuff! heh)

JoshuaW

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 18, 2010
    South Bend, IN
    Can you imagine the several months of downtime required to make such a move? I mean we are talking absolutely no PMages being made for at least a few weeks before such a move, maybe a month while setting up, then slow production for another few months while they adjust and double check quality. That doesnt even account for having to rehire and train some staff members that dont move. Prices would sky rocket! Man, anyone who has bought PMags two or three years ago and has enough on hand to sell must feel like they wont the lottery.

Tripp11

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Fishers, IN
    The CEO of Magpul told the State of Colorado point blank that he will move his company to another state if HB1224 is passed, even with an amendment to still allow Magpul to manufacture the mags but only to sell them to LEO/Military.

I thought they were going to vote on the bill next week.

Top Bottom