• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CountryBoy19

Grandmaster
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Bedford, IN
    Not sure where you get your price structure of tens of thousands of dollars for Gen 11 or 111, but it's so far off reality to be laughable. What the average guy will look at for purchase, and what you repair for Uncle Sugar is apples and oranges. http://www.lg-outdoors.com/proddetail.asp?prod=NONS7402HP
    You need to double-check your reading comprehension. I said UP INTO the tens of thousands. I could easily find Gen III NV equipment over $10k on a quick search, so I don't believe my price range was off reality at all, as a matter of fact, I think it is spot on. Your example of a single tube Gen II, night vision scope is $2500. Go up to Gen III and good clarity glass, double that for binoculars and we're likely approaching the mark of $15k or more.

And you didn't address the issues I presented at all. Does your NV give you full spectrum color? Nope What about good depth perception? Nope? What about multiple viewers? That gets pricey really fast, even with your Gen II scope at $2500. $2500 is more than double the money I have in my long-range precision rig; you call that cheap?

Really, anybody that knows at all what they are talking about when it comes to NVG knows that NVG still can't even come close to using ambient light to look at objects. The full clarity of the un-hampered human eye is amazing and just cannot be matched with electronic viewing systems. I can sit here right now and look through a set of top-of-the line military optics and tell you that I can see multitudes better with the naked eye and a huge spotlight. If you don't recognize the difference between the two then I suspect you've never looked through NVG at all.

My point still stands. The only real argument you had was about the price, and clearly your argument was founded on your poor reading comprehension.

:dunno:

:twocents:

tenring

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 16, 2008
    Martinsville
    Touchy, touchy aren't we? I've walked around in those 10K goggles, sat in my gun room with the door closed, lights off and could read a book. Those are neat, glad the guys get to use them, saves a lot of lives and puts down a bunch of the bad guys. My reading comprehension serves me well, but all that drivel you typed means not a whole lot to the average guy who would like one to hunt coyotes along a fence line after the sun goes down. But thanks for all the info, kind of what this board is all about anyway, now isn't it. And stay safe while trying to win the hearts and minds of the towel heads, it will serve you well in the future.

Last edited:

witdog2020

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 19, 2012
    Muncie
    Law

I like the idea of shutting the "search lights" down at 11 or midnite except for the intention of taking legal furbearers. I've deer hunted some nice locations that were located in prime deer populations in southern indiana and even here local. The problem I see is the hunter that thinks he has to see the deer before 1st light in the morning, nothing worse than getting out there early to clear the scent and see a truck driving around the field using a spotlight or headlights to see if there is any deer in the field before he walks into the woods. Ive had this happen a few times, and you know they have a firearm in the truck while doing it which is against the law. Ive seen the deer scatter from that. Unfortunately they don't respect the other hunters that may be in the area.

The bill that is written now should be dumped. It should just be changed to read after 11:00pm they should not be used, except for the legal taking of furbearers. Exception: recovery or tracking of a legally taken whitetail deer, may not carry a weapon after legal shooting hours.

Adrian8

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 5, 2011
    Spotlighting from vehicles needs to be shut down...true many people are totally innocent, but it only takes a few poachers in your hunting area to kill all the big bucks. Its been banned in Ky too. I have seen bucks over a spotlight that would be a major temptation to many people, they would make some "good" people go bad, just eliminate the temptation. In Illinois you don't even think about shining a light at night..period... one reason they are noted for having many trophy bucks.

Willie

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 24, 2010
    Warrick County
    Whatever you take on ths bill contact.... .

Chair: Senator Mishler - Senate Republicans: Sen. Ryan Mishler
    Vice Chair:
    Members:
    Waterman R.M. - Senate Republicans: Sen. John Waterman
    Banks - Senate Republicans: Sen. Jim Banks
    Kruse - Senate Republicans: Sen. Dennis Kruse
    Steele - Senate Republicans: Sen. Brent Steele
    Tomes - Senate Republicans: Sen. Jim Tomes
    Yoder - Senate Republicans: Sen. Carlin Yoder

R. Young - R.M.M., Indiana Senate Democratic Caucus: Senator Richard Young - Home
    Hume - Indiana Senate Democratic Caucus: Senator Lindel Hume - Home
    Skinner - Indiana Senate Democratic Caucus: Senator Tim Skinner - Home

Personally I think the bill is very poorly written and unenforcable to a large degree. How does a CO know if you ave permission to shine a piece of property that you may or may not have leased or permission to hunt?

Ogre

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Spotlighting from vehicles needs to be shut down...true many people are totally innocent, but it only takes a few poachers in your hunting area to kill all the big bucks. Its been banned in Ky too. I have seen bucks over a spotlight that would be a major temptation to many people, they would make some "good" people go bad, just eliminate the temptation. In Illinois you don't even think about shining a light at night..period... one reason they are noted for having many trophy bucks.
    So why should your will as a hunter trump mine as Joe Blow wanting to watch deer activity with a light? If Im driving my kid through the country at night and I see a herd of deer walking through an empty field, why shouldnt I be able to throw a spotlight on them and watch.
    BTW, I hate it when people cry for the govt. to make another law to "eliminate the temptation..."... Theres already a law in the books, enforce that one.:twocents:

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Michael.
    Top Bottom