• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mk2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    North Carolina
    Alaska issues a CCW permit (or whatever they call the equivalent of our LTCH), but they do not require it. Anyone who may lawfully possess a firearm may carry it, openly or concealed. The permit is for reciprocity with other states and nothing more.

Blessings,
    Bill

ETA: Yeah, what they said. Teach me to answer without reading the rest of the thread. :rolleyes: Thanks for having my back, guys! :thumbsup:

We were right and you couldn't even rep us!? Boooo... :noway:

;)

Pitmaster

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    South Bend, IN
    Great day to flood the governor's office with phone calls and emails for HB 1065. If you haven't done it yet do it today. If you have do it again. Get 5 of your friends together and share one phone call by passing the phone around. 1-317-232-4567

jsgolfman

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Greenwood
    I sent an email to the ISP (webform is easier from work) asking the question of the mcdonalds example and zoo type example. Essentially, would either of those qualify the site as "school funciton".

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    I sent an email to the ISP (webform is easier from work) asking the question of the mcdonalds example and zoo type example. Essentially, would either of those qualify the site as "school funciton".

great it will be interesting to know what they say about that. id ask for a letter in the mail so you have it in writing as proof for all of us to offer an officer if we are stopped (as long as its legal:D)

glockpatriot

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 19, 2009
    Just received this from Jim Tomes. 2ndamendmentpatriots.com

HB 1068, the bill that protects the privacy of gun owners with a handgun license has been signed into law. HB 1065, the carry to the workplace is still on Gov. Daniels' desk. The clock is just about to run out so if the Governor does not veto it, and the sentiments I get is that he will not, but nothing is for sure yet, then it will automatically become law within the next couple days.

I've been told that the Indianapolis Indy Star newspaper is going to run a lengthy story Sunday about Indiana gun owners are the big winners this session. Doesn't it feel goooood?

So the Indy Star with all their propaganda and emotional editorials that flowed out of their printing presses like a stopped up toilet didn't work for them.

Maybe they can all hold hands up there and cry together. I want to thank all of you and that means not just the folks on this e-mail list but all those to whom my letters were forwarded to for grabbing the phone and making your calls into the Governor's office. I was told that phones rang continuously for days. I think we were faster on the trigger than the Chamber of Commerce. We'll know in a few more days.

Thanks to all of you for STAYING UNITED. I'd sure like to be sitting up there next year as a state senator and getting the evil eye from the liberals AND Indy Star when we go after more pro gun bills.

Boilers

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 20, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Daniels press conference.
    At 9:00 minutes almost exactly he gets asked for what amounts to three questions by three people what he's going to do with the guns/work bill.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RvxxLYipL_0"]YouTube - Media Availability - March 15, 2010[/ame]

I like this response:

Q:
    What is the difference between having their gun in their car and bringing it into the statehouse?

A: Daniels
    Uhm, no. I mean I'll just say that, you have a black letter constitutional right involved and so it it uh, should be infringed any such right, should be infringed only for the most compelling of reasons.

The audio on the podcast sounds much better than in the youtube video, which is noisy, imo.

Podcast RSS feed (xml)
    Indiana Cast

This particular podcast mp3 audio file
    http://www.in.gov/gov/files/Audio/031510_Media_Availability.mp3

Last edited:

mk2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    North Carolina
    Just watched the first 10 minutes of the press conference. I've only really started paying attention to politics since Governor Daniels spoke at my graduation last May and encouraged us all to be more active in politics. And since I've been paying attention, I've been becoming more impressed by our governor.

:+1: for Mitch, and :+1: for Indiana!

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    Daniels press conference.
    At 9:00 minutes almost exactly he gets asked for what amounts to three questions by three people what he's going to do with the guns/work bill.

YouTube - Media Availability - March 15, 2010

I like this response:

Q:
    What is the difference between having their gun in their car and bringing it into the statehouse?

A: Daniels
    Uhm, no. I mean I'll just say that, you have a black letter constitutional right involved and so it it uh, should be infringed any such right, should be infringed only for the most compelling of reasons.

The audio on the podcast sounds much better than in the youtube video, which is noisy, imo.

Podcast RSS feed (xml)
    Indiana Cast

This particular podcast mp3 audio file
    http://www.in.gov/gov/files/Audio/031510_Media_Availability.mp3

Hurray? I have to admit, I've not yet watched the video, but "should be infringed only for the most compelling of reasons"? WTF?? I thought it said, "...SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED"!!

After I listen to it, unless something is radically different, he will be hearing from me.

Blessings,
    Bill

Bill B

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 2, 2009
    RA 0 DEC 0
    From NWI Times article:
    The governor's office has received more than 4,000 letters, e-mails and faxes since the General Assembly approved the guns in cars at work legislation, including communications from Hoosier businesses. More than 80 percent of all the messages have recommended signing it, said Daniels spokesman Brad Rateike
    :ingo:
    full article:
    Portage shooting won't influence governor's decision

jsgolfman

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Greenwood
    Hurray? I have to admit, I've not yet watched the video, but "should be infringed only for the most compelling of reasons"? WTF?? I thought it said, "...SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED"!!

After I listen to it, unless something is radically different, he will be hearing from me.

Blessings,
    Bill
    Ditto. That's lukewarm support and I expected more from Mitch. I'll have to make my mom call him and express my dissatisfaction.

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East

Blessings,
    Bill

i think the reason he said that was to justify the no guns in the statehouse policy, because he had just been asked about it. but yeah i was kinda taken back by that too.

Top Bottom