• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • theturtle06

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 24, 2009
    Denver, CO
    I wasn't going to read every post in this thread but I had been thinking about this last night. During some other topics like the Tea Party threads, I disagreed with some and they labeled me as anti-gun just because of my opinions. Yeah, I am anti-gun. I have a gun. I have it next to me when I am at home. I go shooting. I support the advancement of the 2A, which might I add, is not absolute. I am REALLY anti-gun. :rolleyes: Hell, in fact, here, I am so anti-gun I just hate them and I will be giving them away for free!!! (is there a double-dark-secret-sarcasm purple?)

Anyway, the point I was going to make is, there were a bunch of people who disagreed with me feeling it is ok for lawmakers to "nickel and dime us" to death by taking away our right to carry weapons. I simply said, in the Tea Party threads, that carrying on government property is a bad idea. If someone wanted to do that, they can feel free but then have to worry about the law's wrath. I felt that there were (and still are) bigger fish to fry. Why get so worked up about carrying to a political rally in which you may be treading on government property?

The people replying to me labeled me anti-gun because I wanted to offer the lawmakers concessions to show that us, as gun owners, are willing to make compromises. They were afraid that if we were willing to offer concessions that slowly all our gun owning rights would be taken away. While I see the point they were trying to make I had to disagree. But I digress - for those who felt that way, the opposite may be in effect here. Now that there is law allowing people to carry to/from work, we, as gun owners, who ARE ALL ON THE SAME PAGE, may be able to ease laws loosening the restrictions into our lawmaker's hands.

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    I've said many times why I don't support the parking lot portion of this bill. I will be calling to support passage, however, if for no other reason than the emergency powers portion of it.

Blessings,
    Bill

Pitmaster

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    South Bend, IN
    Called, emailed, and "gently" coerced young relatives to call and email. My 6 y/o niece supports this bill. She looks upon this as a way to eventually allow her teachers to be able to protect her children while "gun free zones" are being shot up by the criminally bent.

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    HB 1065 has now been signed by the President Pro Tempore of the Senate, Senator David Long, and it goes now to the Governor. This bill is now in the home stretch. Folks, even if you disagree with the parking lot portions of this bill on the grounds of the law being used to usurp private property rights, as I do, the remainder of this bill removes some of the Emergency Powers that the 1994 General Assembly claimed. This is historic: Government voluntarily ceding power back to the people, and it is a very, VERY good thing. Please, if you have not done so, contact Gov. Daniels' office by email AND by phone. Let's get this thing signed into law.

Blessings,
    Bill

IndyBeerman

Was a real life Beerman.....
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    HB 1065 has now been signed by the President Pro Tempore of the Senate, Senator David Long, and it goes now to the Governor.

Thanks BoR

This means the clock is ticking.......

Mitch can immediately sign it and continue to show his support of the 2A.

He could neglect to not sign it and in 10 days (think it's 10) it becomes law without a signature. He could use this as a ploy to show that while he did not support it, it was the people's wish for it to become law. Covers bases on both the left and right incase he decides to go further in his political career.

Just plain outright veto it, I see not having a snowball's chance of happening.

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    Thanks BoR

This means the clock is ticking.......

Mitch can immediately sign it and continue to show his support of the 2A.

He could neglect to not sign it and in 10 days (think it's 10) it becomes law without a signature. He could use this as a ploy to show that while he did not support it, it was the people's wish for it to become law. Covers bases on both the left and right incase he decides to go further in his political career.

Just plain outright veto it, I see not having a snowball's chance of happening.
    All true... except that it's on the eighth day after it reaches his desk. HB 1068 was signed by Bauer and Sen. Long on 3/1 and became law yesterday, the 12th. I have not seen whether that means he signed it, only that it became law. That means it could not have gotten to him earlier than the 5th, though I cannot fathom why it would take 4 days to move downstairs to his office. I will be interested to see what he does. If Jim Tomes' emails are any indication, his office has been deluged with calls(probably more from our side), so I would think he would sign it.. We shall see, however.

Edit: Of course, if he REALLY wanted to show his support for the 2A and Art. I, Sec. 32, he would have the Dep't of Administration revoke the prohibition on carry in the State House. THAT would impress me.

Blessings,
    Bill

IndyBeerman

Was a real life Beerman.....
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    Edit: Of course, if he REALLY wanted to show his support for the 2A and Art. I, Sec. 32, he would have the Dep't of Administration revoke the prohibition on carry in the State House. THAT would impress me.

Blessings,
    Bill

Baby steps Bill, baby steps. We need to get everything back one small step at a time exactly the way the sneaked it all by us initially.

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    Baby steps Bill, baby steps. We need to get everything back one small step at a time exactly the way the sneaked it all by us initially.

Steps would be fine. It seems we're more doing
    babykruipen.gif
    , though.
    shrug2.gif

Bill

Top Bottom